• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Seat Belts

ezlnh8u

Hello, I am in need of rear seat belts, I have checked on ebay and only came across non oem belts, also, will they need to be bolted on or would a weld do? as far as safety goes.if anyone have any for sale please let me know. thank you.

Using Tapatalk

I have a set of "BlueDevil" made rear seat belts that bolt to the package tray. I love them. Good quality and easy to install. I just drilled two holes and boom!

'76 Stone Gray 2002

'83 blue R80RT, '83 red R80RT,

'16 Alpine White Xdrive 328d Touring

BMW2002FAQ #502

What belts are you looking for?  3 point or just lap?  Depending on ur year you may have bolt hole receivers in your floor.search "seatbelts" on the forum for some good pics.  I may have a set of rear lap only retractable.

Dave in Baltimore, MD

Dave in Baltim02e Maryland USA
1969 2002 Sahara  Manila  :)

1966 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon-Valley Green; 1972 Airstream Overlander; 1997 JDM Honda Prelude; 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 tow vehicle to tow home all the above junk!

I have a set of "BlueDevil" made rear seat belts that bolt to the package tray. I love them. Good quality and easy to install. I just drilled two holes and boom!

How much for the belts? are there both right and left side, shipping zip is 91030 pm me

Using Tapatalk

I payed something like $300. Which is pricy, I agree. However, the detail and work that Al puts into every set is worth the safety of my 6 year old girl who loves riding in the '02. On Saturday night in the parking lot at MidAmerica, Al was able to sort out my front seat belts, which apparently were backwards from the factory.

I have no problems paying for quality and character.

Darrin

'76 Stone Gray 2002

'83 blue R80RT, '83 red R80RT,

'16 Alpine White Xdrive 328d Touring

BMW2002FAQ #502

So I checked, I notice on both left and right side, there is a threaded hole, but I dont see anything in the midle where the other part of the belt will latch to, will I have to drill holes here?

What belts are you looking for?  3 point or just lap?  Depending on ur year you may have bolt hole receivers in your floor.search "seatbelts" on the forum for some good pics.  I may have a set of rear lap only retractable.

Dave in Baltimore, MD

Let me know pricing, pm me also.

I payed something like $300. Which is pricy, I agree. However, the detail and work that Al puts into every set is worth the safety of my 6 year old girl who loves riding in the '02. On Saturday night in the parking lot at MidAmerica, Al was able to sort out my front seat belts, which apparently were backwards from the factory.

I have no problems paying for quality and character.

Darrin

any pics?

Using Tapatalk

IIRC all the squarelights have an additional welded in nut for the shoulder strap for three point belts--it's under the headliner material on the C pillar.  If you gently press against the headliner fabric on the C pillar, you should be able to feel the indent that's the nut.  Or perhaps someone on the board with rear seat shoulder harnesses installed can post a picture showing you where to look.  Most assuredly a '76 will have the mounting nuts for lap belts.  So far as I know, all 02 have them (lap belt mounts) for front and rear, and later cars have the third mount for shoulder harnesses...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

i have a set of 3pt belts for my rear seats that Al made for me. I followed what Byas did for his install which is what Mike described above. I have a 74 that has a hole in the c-pillar about an inch or so above where the window latches are. You can feel it through the headliner. Just make a hole and screw it in and you're good. I take my kids in the car with them; I wouldn't have done it with just the lap belts.

I also got new front belts from him too. The ones in my car were mis-matched and the passenger receptacle was pretty stubborn. 

Al really knows what he's doing and the quality is fantastic.

mike tunney

but I dont see anything in the midle where the other part of the belt will latch to, will I have to drill holes here?

IIRC the holes in the middle are just under the bottom edge of the back rest part of the seat, not on the floor as you would expect.

HTH Beaner7102 

1971 - 2002 RHD VIN 1653940. Agave (stock with Pertronix & 32/36 Weber) - "Cactus"

1972 - 1602 RHD VIN 1554408. Fjord (with 2L motor, 5spd & LSD - Weber 40/40 to come) - "Bluey"

1984 - E30 318i VIN WBAAK320208722176 - stock daily driver

I'm fairly  sure there are attachment points in a USA 76  model.  Other's here can confirm/deny if this is the case. My 69 USA has them. If you search you will find a set of pics of belt installs.  I think Bill Williams here in MD has a set of pics that show the rear belts.

Dave in Baltim02e Maryland USA
1969 2002 Sahara  Manila  :)

1966 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon-Valley Green; 1972 Airstream Overlander; 1997 JDM Honda Prelude; 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 tow vehicle to tow home all the above junk!