• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Seat Area Upholstery Trim?

Maybe some of the FAQ crew can relate to my situation.  I disassembled this car about 4 years ago.  Now as I near the final reassembly I have come across a few items of interior trim that I don't exactly remember what they are and where they go.  First mystery items are two pieces of foam that are cut to an exacting but odd shape.  Seem to recall these were under or near the rear seat trim pieces???  Secondly there are two vinyl pieces that I seem to recall were glued over the wheel arches in the area of the gap where the seat bottom fits up close to the wheel arches.  Anyone able to identify these?  Pictures would be very helpful.  I also have attached a picture of my car taken last week as we were sorting out the wiring.

post-38776-0-94794400-1398001512_thumb.j

post-38776-0-37859500-1398001533_thumb.j

post-38776-0-29592300-1398001557_thumb.j

Is your car a sunroof model? I believe I had those foam pieces shoved up in the cavity below the side windows. IIRC, the notches fit around the drain tubes from the back of the sunroof.

Just took my 1600 apart, non sunroof and had same foam jammed in under the rear side windows. Not planning to reinstall....

Pictures added.

This one shows the vinyl trim next to the rear seat (door panel removed)

IMG_9219_zpsbccc06c8.jpg

Better picture of the left (driver's side)

IMG_8016_zps476f4301.jpg

Another pic of the right side

IMG_8021_zps74364969.jpg

My two foam pieces

8ABACEF5-28CC-442A-B960-5DCE68B88B2B_zps

Here is the right (passenger side) before I removed it

IMG_8024_zps3ed1184e.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Hi,

and exactly these foam parts are the reason why you sometimes find rusted areas right in the middle of the rear wheel arches on cars not only used in sunny Cali weather. They soak with water and never really get dry again.

I´d always replace them with newer, water-repellent material.

Same stuff from factory on used around the gas tank, really a built-in rust-spot.

Regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.