• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Size Wheel & Tire Combo To Run With New Stock Springs?

Question for you vetern 2002 enthusiests please:

My 76' 2002 has new, but stock ride height springs & shocks.

I prefer not to do any fender rolling and need advise on:

Wheel/Tire size as well as Proper Offset, that will fit w/o modifications.

I love the look of the Panasport / Superlite / Minilite Wheels and IF i make an online purchase i'd like to be certain i am buying the correct set-up. 

Thank You in advance for any advice you wish to share,

Jeff   

1976 BMW 2002 Sahara

Thank you gentlemen for the direction,

i will do some research.

Warm Regards,

Jeff

Question for you vetern 2002 enthusiests please:

My 76' 2002 has new, but stock ride height springs & shocks.

I prefer not to do any fender rolling and need advise on:

Wheel/Tire size as well as Proper Offset, that will fit w/o modifications.

I love the look of the Panasport / Superlite / Minilite Wheels and IF i make an online purchase i'd like to be certain i am buying the correct set-up. 

Thank You in advance for any advice you wish to share,

Jeff   

1976 BMW 2002 Sahara

Do check the references refered to above.  After that, here's my experience.  Both my wife's '76 and my '75 have 14 x 6 wheels.  My wife's Pastellblau '76 has Superlites w/ 28 offset.  We've both run 195/60 and 185/60 tires at various times.  Either will work.  The 195/60 x 14s are closer to the OE wheel/tire combination that was on our cars when they came from the Factory, but 185s will give you ever-so-slightly better acceleration.  My car has some V1 Ronals (NLA for the past 30 years).

post-10-0-17657300-1391482775_thumb.jpg

Do check the references refered to above.  After that, here's my experience.  Both my wife's '76 and my '75 have 14 x 6 wheels.  My wife's Pastellblau '76 has Superlites w/ 28 offset.  We've both run 195/60 and 185/60 tires at various times.  Either will work.  The 195/60 x 14s are closer to the OE wheel/tire combination that was on our cars when they came from the Factory, but 185s will give you ever-so-slightly better acceleration.  My car has some V1 Ronals (NLA for the past 30 years).

Thank You Napes for your personal experience on this subject, i do appreciate it.

I will use the advise from everyone who replied.

Thank You,

Jeff

1976 BMW 2002 Sahara

I see the Ronal Bears are still available in 14". I just got the R10s in 15, but I digress. http://www.tunershop.com/Wheels/14_inches/

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.