• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fun With Steelies! Poll

cosm3os

Just remember, it's not what anyone else likes, it's what you think looks good.

Absolutely!  I'm just acknowledging that you guys were right all along!

Kyle Burkhardt
NASA Midwest Spec E30 Series Director
1976 BMW 2002 "tii"

2014 Ford Mustang GT "Boss Lite"

my confidence is high that #1is go for liftoff.......

Edited by im3crazy

Dave in Baltim02e Maryland USA
1969 2002 Sahara  Manila  :)

1966 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon-Valley Green; 1972 Airstream Overlander; 1997 JDM Honda Prelude; 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 tow vehicle to tow home all the above junk!

• 9 months later...

I say #1 or #3. I run dark gray steelies and I love them! Nothing wrong with silver or black either. The two tone thing is cool, but it only works on certain wheels.

attachicon.gifBMW 02 Water.jpg

Wow, what luck. Browsing instagram, saw this car, wanted to find out what kind of wheels it had. Quick FAQ search leads me here, to this thread. There it is! What kind of wheels are you running, BMWnKTM?

Question answered.

Edited by mattio523

-Mattio523

1976 BMW 2002

Oops, sorry.  Thought you were talking about mine.

Kyle Burkhardt
1976 BMW 2002 "tii"

I have been building a set for a while.  Stalled out last fall, but I'll finish it this summer.  I only have pics from the painting phase..

I had started building these for my daughters cirrusblau 325 coupe (black lip, black rockers, black trunk spoiler).  I was going to use wheel adapters to flush them up a bit as well, but ended up going with a set of 15x7s with 205s..and then she totaled it. :\ So they wait.  I may use them on the 2002 at some point.

Black with deep clear, e30 stainless center caps, chrome lugs and stock stainless trim rings.

I don't have the clear going but bought brand new steelies and the center caps. I like the look, but need the trim rings.

• 2 weeks later...

I vote for #1.  Obviously, style is subjective and I know black wheels are the "in" look these days and if that's what you like, go for it. My feeling is the sliver wheel with small chrome hubcaps is more appropriate for classics like the 02.

On a side note, I have a set of E30 steel wheels that I plan to use on my 65 1800 NK and I recently ordered a center cap for a test fit.  I can't figure how it should mount.  Are there clips required as shown in the parts blowup, item 7?  Has anyone else tried this on a 114/NK car?

I found one image of an E30 steelie with center cap and the cap has small indents like the one in the image on the parts page, placed there to clear the lugs I believe.  However, the one I ordered (I made sure of the part number) is different with no indents.  Any help?

Edited by bimbill

Bill 

1973 3.0 CS Nachtblau

1970 2002 Chamonix

1965 1800 Chamonix

Wow, what luck. Browsing instagram, saw this car, wanted to find out what kind of wheels it had. Quick FAQ search leads me here, to this thread. There it is! What kind of wheels are you running, BMWnKTM?

Question answered.

Those are NK 14" steel wheels.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

I say #1 or #3. I run dark gray steelies and I love them! Nothing wrong with silver or black either. The two tone thing is cool, but it only works on certain wheels.

attachicon.gifBMW 02 Water.jpg

What steelies are those? size, and what did they come off of?

EDIT oh wait, I need to learn to read

Edited by arminyack

No, get some Cosmic alloys !!

If you find any, please let me know !!

Nut (fka weevil)

My Claim To Fame - Worked On Harmon Fisher's Car !!! Yes the infamous 2002 F !!!

# 1 72 '02 Malaga, # 2 72 '02 Colorado, # 3 72 '02 Blue, # 4 72 '02 Malaga, # 5 72 tii, # 6 68 1602, # 17 68/76 '02 Custom Red, # 28 74 '02 Brown Metallic, 72 3.0 Csi, 73 3.0Csi, 80 735 Euro, 728 Parts Car

I vote for #1.  Obviously, style is subjective and I know black wheels are the "in" look these days and if that's what you like, go for it. My feeling is the sliver wheel with small chrome hubcaps is more appropriate for classics like the 02.

On a side note, I have a set of E30 steel wheels that I plan to use on my 65 1800 NK and I recently ordered a center cap for a test fit.  I can't figure how it should mount.  Are there clips required as shown in the parts blowup, item 7?  Has anyone else tried this on a 114/NK car?

I found one image of an E30 steelie with center cap and the cap has small indents like the one in the image on the parts page, placed there to clear the lugs I believe.  However, the one I ordered (I made sure of the part number) is different with no indents.  Any help?

They are indeed held in with the nuts.  Mine done' have indents, so you have to hold them centered (with the M in line with the stem, of course) til you get enough tension on them all to hold it in place.

Kyle Burkhardt
1976 BMW 2002 "tii"