• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Experience With Liqui Moli And Seafoam

Joesprocket

Hey guys - wanted to see what folk's experience was with fuel additives like Liqui Moli and Seafoam.  They claim to be an EPA-registered product, and will not harm engine components, seals, gaskets, catalytic converters or oxygen sensors.  Plus, I see them advertised all the time on sites like Bavauto.com.

Has anyone used these products or similar products and have found them useful for things like rough idle or starting issues?  Would you have concerns if you did? I'll admit they are not an alternative to addressing any bigger issues but more preventative in nature.

http://www.liqui-moly.us/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/us_2030.html?Opendocument&land=US

http://seafoamsales.com/sea-foam-motor-treatment/

thanks guys.

joe

Series 1, 1969 2002

Instagram: joseiden_bmwerke

well....a search on "seafoam" on this site brings up zillions of threads with lots of conversation....that is recent.  and it is not like engines or the formula for seafoam have changed in a few decades.....

there are debates on this topic in virtually every car forum on the internet.....miracle formula or snake oil...there is no definitive answer that i have seen for these additives.

:-)

2xM3

I don't have any experience with Seafoam, but I've used fuel system cleaners including Liquimoly and Techron in my fuel injected engines.  I think the cleaners are reasonable insurance if you are concerned about gumming up the small atomization ports of the injectors.  Not sure if they would have a lot of benefit for carbs, but might clean out gunk in bottom of fuel tank.  In any case, I've not heard of any bad side-effects of Liquimoly or Techron, but have read mixed Google results for Seafoam.

Ian
'76 M2

'02 325iT

I use Seafoam no more than 2x yearly in all my cars. I add into gas, oil, and vacuum line per instructions on the bottle. I seem to remember that it's best to change your oil, do the full treatment, run it for less than 1k miles and then change again.

Never had any problems with it. I'm sure it does a good job keeping things clean, but I'll bet it has just as much Placebo effect too.

I really like Lucas Injector cleaner. Use it monthly. I noticed a small MPG bump in my 96 Jeep XJ after using it.

I use seafoam in any 2cycle motor I have like leaf blowers and trimmers. I notice a change in ease of starting from lack of fuel gumming everything up over the winter. I never use it in any of my cars though. Clean oil and fresh gas seem to be sufficient

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

isnt seafoam suppose to surpress carbon buildup on injectors and intake valves. i see that alot on much newer cars i think poorly designed pcv systems are a major contributor of excessive carbon buildup. on a 2002 not an issue right because the pcv is vented directly to the intake or the atmosphere