• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okay, this was NOT a Craigslist listing but rather an FAQ Post.  However this incredibly arduous Failed “LOCAL” Transaction in Denver is precisely the LAST local 2002 Parts deal that I will ever participate in.

Why Bryce?

Is it too hard to rip off the "Locals" over there?

Arden

http://ardens-2002tii.blogspot.com/

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

76 Trans Am, Sterling Silver

96 Volvo 850, Daily Beater

Parts Cars: 73 2002 Malaga, 74 2002 tii Granatrot & 76 2002 Verona

Here is a quote from Bryce, I think this is his way of rationalizing, minimizing and justifying all the problems he is causing people.

He's a legend in his own mind!

"In the last 2 years I have shipped over 500+ Orders with more than #1,500 Parts.  It is inevitable odds that something will go wrong with an Order somewhere."

What a HUGE Load of BS!

It seems like it's more than "an order somewhere", try  pattern of behavior.

He take peoples money then does not do as he promised, jerks them around for months then sends garbage! To the person who said they thought it was not intentional, you're wrong. Sorry. Bryce sets out to collect as much money as he can, maybe double triple selling items then using that money for whatever,  then tries to get the parts later.

Once the money is paid the excuses start. 

I suspect there are more former customers with stories out there but are to busy or don't want to post, would be nice if they did so future buyers can find out what they are getting themselves into. 

Save the time and headaches, Avoid

Edited by ArdenK

Arden

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I appear to be in the minority on this and am somewhat reluctant to speak badly about anyone online, but in the interest of FAQ members having a complete picture I'll share my experience of last fall - seemingly after all the above posts, btw

...When, after weeks and weeks of waiting for parts that didn't come I finally got ahold of him I discovered that he had sold the "one and only" perfect dash I had paid for out from under me. His advertising/description here on the FAQ did not align with what he later told me when we discussed the issue. 

That may very well have been my dash.

About a year ago, I purchased a "perfect" gas tank (shipped but not paid for) and a "perfect" dash (paid for but not shipped).  The gas tank was either a mess when sold or poorly packed (see picture), and indicated that I would happily support a shipping claim, but would not pay for it.

Based on the tank, the condition of the Behr face plate, and my desire to get rid of the "Fasten Seat Belt" light, I decided that I did not want the dash.  However, I had already purchased it, and asked that Bryce resell it for me, and I would pay him 20% of the sales price for the bother.

12 months later, it sounds like it has been sold a few times, with none of the proceeds getting back to me.

In my dealings with him I have found him friendly and reasonable.  I suspect that he is trying to make a go of a tough business selling to niche hobbyists with not a lot of capital.  I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt for a long time now (11.5 months and counting), but find that those that have had tough dealings with him reflect my suspicions. 

I, for one, hope that he gets his act more together, as we all benefit from having someone keeping these parts from going to the scrapper.  That being said, I am unlikely to buy anything again until the dash issue is eventually resolved.

John "kaptanoglu" Jones

'74 tii - Sputter (currently undergoing a restoration)

'13 MINI Cooper - Scooter (on its way out, once Sputter is done)

post-39317-0-32636000-1392662976_thumb.j

74 2002tii (Sputter) - Not entirely stock - Over 18K miles since full restoration in 2014

15 BMW X5 diesel (the bombed out roads of Houston finally won)

Follow up:  I was contacted by Bryce who was apologetic about the missed part and offered again to send it my way.  As I said previously, Bryce is a great guy to deal with (have dealt with him going back 2yrs now).  There may be occasions when he is overwhelmed by demand -- he is a one person operation (and is making more investments in database etc to streamline his operations) -- but he will do you right if you follow up on any shortcoming.

Follow up to follow up :): Just over a month now -- part he said he would send is not here.

About a year ago, I purchased a "perfect" gas tank (shipped but not paid for) and a "perfect" dash (paid for but not shipped).  The gas tank was either a mess when sold or poorly packed (see picture), and indicated that I would happily support a shipping claim, but would not pay for it.

Based on the tank, the condition of the Behr face plate, and my desire to get rid of the "Fasten Seat Belt" light, I decided that I did not want the dash.  However, I had already purchased it, and asked that Bryce resell it for me, and I would pay him 20% of the sales price for the bother.

12 months later, it sounds like it has been sold a few times, with none of the proceeds getting back to me. 

John,

This is Bryce's way of financing his business, look at it as an interest free loan that's payable whenever.

It's very similar to ponzi schemes.

He did the same thing to me with a bunch of tii parts. When I paid Bryce, he said he would get them out ASAP. 42 days, many emails and phone calls later I reported the transaction to PayPal to get my money back. 

When he found out he left a curse laden voice mail message demanding I give him HIS money back !

He may seem nice but it's only an act.

I suggest you give Bryce a call everyday to ask for your money back.

I'll bet you a quarter he says he doesn't have it and tries to weasel out of paying you back what is owed. I hope I am wrong but ...

Good luck getting your money back.

In my dealings with him I have found him friendly and reasonable. 

Bernie Madoff and Allen Stanford seemed like friendly and reasonable people too.

Unfortunately some fell for their ruse and lost their money

Edited by ArdenK

Arden

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

• 6 months later...

Don't waste your time, there are other vendors that have the parts at reasonable prices and ship them in a timely manner. 

You're lucky if you get the stuff a month or two later.

You'd think after 3+ years doing this he could get it right but he can't and probably won't.

As I said, Avoid doing business with Bryce, you'll avoid a lot of BS.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/157098-do-not-buy-from-denver-tii/

I have said it before and I will say it again. Dealing with Bryce was the WORST internet experience I have ever had. BEWARE people! Reportedly he has made many people happy on this site. I was one of the group he did not make happy and it can happen to you. BEWARE!!! BEWARE!!!!!! BEWARE!!!! He is a good talker but not good at follow through!!!!!!

I am reposting my experience here: 

I made the mistake of not doing enough research and giving him the benefit of the doubt. 

There were enough positive comments from reputable FAQr's that allowed me to go against my own judgement. 

He is a nice guy on the phone — although, he has more excuses than the number of parts he 'sells'. 

It has been two months and I have not received anything. I was told that my part shipped 45 days ago, yet last week he said he was still working on removing it from a car… even though his photos show over 10 of them laying on a damn table? 

Stay away if you can avoid it. 

Do yourself a favor and spend your money on a carpet kit from Esty. 

1973 2002 Touring + Alpina A4  /  RHD 

If any of you are out money from Mr Veller I have his exact address. Not the Mail Boxes ETC address he uses on south Broadway in Denver. Send me a PM if I can help you.

His address is right behind this pallet:

post-42086-0-79446700-1408989034_thumb.j

Edited by Slightly Larger Roundies

Ben in Denver

2000 Touring INKA 3357390