• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lowering Ride Height

Go to solution Solved by 182kartracer,

+1

Have the same in my 74 Tii. Best and only modification I've made to it.

+ xxx. Not too shabby for Autocross and occasional track duties, not too harsh for long distance trips (I have rubber suspension bushings and polyurethane sway bar bushings (ST brand bars).

IMG_1564_zps3bdd18b9.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

What's you guys opinion on Bilstein HD struts & shocks with H&R springs? I have Blistein HD all around and like to know how would be the ride comforts and performance combined with H&R springs.

Thanks.

I did this set up only to find out that i had to shorten my struts and my springs were loose when fully extended which is illegal down here in New Zealand,but ride quality was perfect for what i wanted(stiff enough for spirited driving and not a back breaker if you hit a bump)

73' 2002tii roundie cr 5spd 2751420

• Solution

For now the spacer removal did the trick. She is sitting pretty level if not now a little front end down. Thats okay though. Thanks for the help. Eventually if i get enough funds i'll upgrade shocks and springs but not right now with college just around the bend.

Go Boilermakers!

• 7 years later...

I went with Bilsteins, Eibach Pro Kit springs, ST sway bars, poly bushings in front end, rubber in the rear, aluminum spacer is above the fender for front strut mounting. Subtle look as far as lowered ride height with 195/60 X 14 tires and a much improved feel on the road.

IMG_4071.JPG

• Like 2