• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Nevada 2002 in Hemmings S&E issue

jgerock

Congrats to Dean Stribling of Spartanburg, SC for getting his 38K mile Nevada 2002 in the magazine (May 2013 issue)! His daughter Rachel has "taken over" the car after driving it. Pictures did not show the VIN. Wonder how much later it is from my car?

According to the article, the car was originally owned by a school teacher in Los Angeles (not Pasadena).

Pics show a Nardi steering wheel, flag driver's mirror and A/C console.

Wonder if Dean/Rachel will bring it to Vintage this year???

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Nevada & Sahara...

See below.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Saw that, nice article. Obviously, many of us get the same magazines! :-)

It's very refreshing reading about families like this one where the passion for vintage cars is passed on to the younger generation!

I've always liked the Nevada color personally.....the article didn't present the color all that well...may have been the light. In person, it really looks very nice IMO!

At 02-02-02 they had a Nevada '02 in the BMW Museum in SC....was very original and gorgeous!

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Congrats to Dean Stribling of Spartanburg, SC for getting his 38K mile Nevada 2002 in the magazine (May 2013 issue)! His daughter Rachel has "taken over" the car after driving it. Pictures did not show the VIN. Wonder how much later it is from my car?

According to the article, the car was originally owned by a school teacher in Los Angeles (not Pasadena).

Pics show a Nardi steering wheel, flag driver's mirror and A/C console.

Wonder if Dean/Rachel will bring it to Vintage this year???

Thanks to all for your kind words.

We actually took the car to The Vintage last year and likely will do the same this year. Seriously, Rachel is a car NUT!

If you read the article, it alluded to the replacement for Rachel's 1975 Golf colored 2002, either English or Italian. Well, we got it! :):):)

post-19769-13667670540029_thumb.jpg

post-19769-13667670540775_thumb.jpg

1970 Nevada 2002 Survivor

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

Dean -

Nice garage! Any pics to share of the Golf 75?

I cannot recall seeing your Nevada at last year's event.. was it parked closer to the drag strip?

DSC_1286.jpg

DSC_1312.jpg

Here is Skip's Nevada

DSC_1290.jpg

DSC_1287.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

enjoyable thread here....

Nice how u snuck in that Dino pic.....omg!

being over 50 yo myself, I can remember when I saw in a showroom of used cars, a Dino for like 45k ish , and a Shelby Hertz blk/gold for 36k....and I

I was thinking geez thats alot of cash for those.....

what did I know then.....

Ha! If you were over 60 you'd remember seeing brand new Shelby Mustangs on the road for something like $5k! :-) My neighbor's oldest son had a '65 blue with white stripes Shelby Mustang GT350 fastback and I could hear it start up every morning! Those were the days!

enjoyable thread here....

Nice how u snuck in that Dino pic.....omg!

being over 50 yo myself, I can remember when I saw in a showroom of used cars, a Dino for like 45k ish , and a Shelby Hertz blk/gold for 36k....and I

I was thinking geez thats alot of cash for those.....

what did I know then.....

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"