• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

space saver spare in 15in

M3M3

searched around a bit and only found some thread back in 2008 about 14in pizza spares.

has anyone found at 15in 4x100 "pizza" spare in the right diameter for a 2002? i now have brakes that will only fit under 15's and a 15x7 really does not fit well in the trunk without jacking the trunk boards way up.

thanks!

2xM3

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

searched around a bit and only found some thread back in 2008 about 14in pizza spares.

has anyone found at 15in 4x100 "pizza" spare in the right diameter for a 2002? i now have brakes that will only fit under 15's and a 15x7 really does not fit well in the trunk without jacking the trunk boards way up.

thanks!

How about a VW bug original steel wheel -- say from a 68-on? They were 15" x 5.0 or 5.5 wide wheels and 4x100 I think.

Byas

thanks!

How about a VW bug original steel wheel -- say from a 68-on? They were 15" x 5.0 or 5.5 wide wheels and 4x100 I think.

Byas

Have you actually tried a 14" space saver? The wheel is so narrow that it might just clear although normal 14" wheels don't fit. I have one from VW/Audi which I'm using with the normal Volvo upgrade - so any 14" would be fine for me.

On the other hand I don't think it'll be big headache to find a 15".

Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

What about one from a Mini Cooper? I've got one out in the garage, and I'll try and measure it tonight. It's got the same bolt circle as the 2002, and came on a car that had 15" wheels standard. I'll see if it clears my Wilwood brakes tonight.

Don't forget the hub fit also. The hole on the stock rim is 55mm. That hole is the real centering device on a wheel. The studs hold the wheel on the hub.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

thought the center hole was 57.1mm

yes, this is to go over willwood superlights. certain a 14in wheel will not fit. the cobalt option looks to be too small in diameter ( an issue if using on rear in LSD equipped car.) also don't think the contour of the wheel will clear the brakes without a really thick spacer.

given the extreme offset on todays fwd cars and the size of wilwood caplipers, may have to go with 16in.

be interesting to see if the mini wheel fits!

thanks!

2xM3

Funny - I have some spare stock VW Beetle wheels with tires I am trying to get rid of! I think the stock size is/was 15 x 4.5" (stock tires about 165SR-15)

We can easily try to fit one over your brakes (and the center hub)

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Funny - I have some spare stock VW Beetle wheels with tires I am trying to get rid of! I think the stock size is/was 15 x 4.5" (stock tires about 165SR-15)

We can easily try to fit one over your brakes (and the center hub)

I thought Beetle wheels were 4X100

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

FTR, 2002 wheels are lug centric NOT hubcentric (as previously noted). 320i wheels however are hubcentric.

I think you need to look at a wheel again!

Search "lugcentric" or "hubcentric" on this forum and report back on what you find.

Take a look and you will see the rim fits very tight on the hub, not a sloppy fit. So call the fit whatever you want, death comes in many ways. Poison can be in an incorrectly fit wheel.

I think the space saver will fit. It bolts up fine to the 2002 hub, and seems to clear the Wilwood Superlight calipers. The only caveat is that I don't have my front calipers mounted to the struts right now, so I fit the wheel to my rear hub. Unfortunately, my rear caliper is currently held in place with a plywood mockup of my caliper bracket, so the tolerances aren't to tight ;)

But I think it will work, and the wheel has a big outward bulge to clear the Mini calipers. It also uses a massive 115/70-15 tire!

The dealers don't normally stock this wheel, but they come standard on non-S mini coopers. Perhaps you could ask on NAM if there is a mini-owner in your area with the space saver.

Ian
'76 M2

'02 325iT