• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Laguna Seca Multicam video from yesterday

pyite20v

Took my go pro and a buddies camera and pieced together this vide from yesterday. It was my first time at Laguna so no comments about whatever line I might have been attempting! :)

76 Jade Green w/ E21 2.0 - DCOE Weber 40s, 304, 5spd, Stahl>Ansa, Wilwoods, H+R and Bilsteins, and some other fun bits.

p179457832-2.jpg

Great video, esp liked the third gear high speed turns, u were holdin on a couple times. Still lookin for rims myself, what size u runnin?

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way

That was great I'm looking for a go pro to take to Willow Springs. You threw me with the front fender then rear fender mount !! nice mix up of shots.

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

How did you feel going through the Corkscrew at speed the first time? I still remember my first time during the 1973 Porsche Parade.

Wasn't allowed to pre-run it at all - first trip was during the competetion in the "Autocross", which was actually more like a Time-trial, as we ran 2/3rds of the track at speed, with no pylons anywhere.

I was really cautious as I turned in at the drop at the top of the Corkscrew because I walked the track backwards with Dwight Mitchell (a 5-time National SCCA class champion in his 914-6) and Bob Garrettson (who finished 2nd at the 24 Hrs. of Le Mans in a Porsche 935) and they both told me of seeing cars blow-up, not their engines, but their trannies going down the corkscrew. You car accelerates incredibly fast going down that drop-off.

I was fortunate to win my class because Don Wester (owner of Wester Porsches in Monterrey) was in my class, and he was one of the first two drivers in America that the factory gave 904 Porsches to race against the AC Cobras back in the day.

There's a reason that turn is one of the most famous in America.

Bob Napier

How did you feel going through the Corkscrew at speed the first time? I still remember my first time during the 1973 Porsche Parade.

It certainly was a bit daunting for the first few sessions, Im not sure I still figured it out. I did a ride along before I drove it so I at least knew which tree to aim for! But man is it fun when you get the guts to just punch it before you can even see where the track goes.

This was my first attempt at iMovie editing, so the cuts are a little sloppy, but I like how it turned out.

Hoping next week to run Laguna again in my 72 911 3 Litre, and to borrow some friends GoPros so I can have a true multi cam video from the same run.

76 Jade Green w/ E21 2.0 - DCOE Weber 40s, 304, 5spd, Stahl>Ansa, Wilwoods, H+R and Bilsteins, and some other fun bits.

p179457832-2.jpg

Great video, esp liked the third gear high speed turns, u were holdin on a couple times. Still lookin for rims myself, what size u runnin?

Thanks!

I am running Rota RBs with Falken (I think) 195s. Ive done about 6 track events on them and they are still holding up. Would love to get some R compounds or something though.

p179457832-2.jpg

Guest gliding_serpent

Thanks for the share, it was a cool watch. I know that track well from video games. Makes me ache to get the tii out on our local track after the rebuild and break in period. 2014 I hope.

looks like you were having fun!

like the camera view of suspension travel. what springs/billy's?

who is in the right seat? an instructor? sure doesn't say much...

I have HR sports and billys. Would like to lower it a bit more in the front.

Thats my friend in the passenger seat that I brought down to check out the car scene. He had no idea what he was in for and had a blast.

p179457832-2.jpg