• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door gaskets now available at BMW

fourtii

Finally the long awaited OEM door gaskets are available at your BMW dealer. They are pricey...part # 51 71 1 808 685 for the left and part # 51 71 1 808 686

for the right.

72 Tii 2761525 Fjord- sunroof

73 Tii 2762870 Malaga- sunroof

73 Tii 2763356 Atlantic- sunroof

73 Tii 2763815 Fjord- sunroof

These are really nice newly designed gaskets I was very impressed with these. Much better than the last run of OE gaskets. They are hollow in a portion of the seal. Youll like these

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Actually, given that the URO part is $120 at most cheaper places,

the

$170 or so for something nicer is probably not that bad a deal.

That said, I've paid less than that for at least 4 or 5 whole cars...

Do be careful- that number's the door seal, NOT a guarantee of the

source of the seal- you have to check to make sure you know who's

making it independently of the part number.

t

who paid $69 a pop for 'em last time he bought.... which tells you how long it's been.

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I can remember paying around the $80 to $90 range and my dad muttering under his breath about the cost of foreign car parts. The thing back then was the gaskets actually fit nice. So if these come in where your talking and the fit right I won't have a problem paying for them. I might just have to buy a couple at a time instead of all at once. I've got three cars worth to get here pretty soon......

I've survived damn near everything.

1974 - 2002, Mild - sold to son
1976 - 2002, lil' Wild

I figured that I would jump in again now that people are responding to my thread.

The gaskets list at BMW for $200, if you make a friend with the parts manager... he will discount. The pizza box that it was shipped in says "Made in Taiwan" on the part # label, but as Steve at Blunt said; they are designed and formed much better than previously, and you will not have to trim them as you do with the trashy URO gaskets, or slam the door to close it.

I know Toby will have to put his two cents in on this as he always has to have the last post in every thread.

72 Tii 2761525 Fjord- sunroof

73 Tii 2762870 Malaga- sunroof

73 Tii 2763356 Atlantic- sunroof

73 Tii 2763815 Fjord- sunroof

since the only part of a door gasket that really deteriorates is that crucial piece that seals the trailing edge of the door glass to the B pillar, some enterprising individual could make just that part as a replacement section--bet he/she would sell a bunch of 'em.

If you look carefully at a door seal, it's actually made from several individual pieces glued together; this section is an individual piece.

Anyone out there with experience in moulding?

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I know Toby will have to put his two cents in on this as he always has to have the last post in every thread.

do not!!!

(oh, wait... err....)

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

since the only part of a door gasket that really deteriorates is that crucial piece that seals the trailing edge of the door glass to the B pillar, some enterprising individual could make just that part as a replacement section--bet he/she would sell a bunch of 'em.

If you look carefully at a door seal, it's actually made from several individual pieces glued together; this section is an individual piece.

Anyone out there with experience in moulding?

mike

You are absolutely right, the B pillar (vertical) section from cheap(er) URO seals can be cut and glued to otherwise usable section of the OE set.