• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

242 Transmission

fuzzynormal

242 = stock 4 speed, right?

If so, anywhere from free to $250 depending on history and condition. I've had some EXTREMELY generous souls send me free gearboxes for the F Bomb in the last 2 years. I'll have one to offer back to the crowd in the spring. It has slightly sticky 2nd gear synchro, but it's free to anyone that can pick it up in Western PA.

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

If so, anywhere from free to $250 depending on history and condition. I've had some EXTREMELY generous souls send me free gearboxes for the F Bomb in the last 2 years. I'll have one to offer back to the crowd in the spring. It has slightly sticky 2nd gear synchro, but it's free to anyone that can pick it up in Western PA.

Or they can grab mine in southeast Ohio. :)

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I may take one of you guys up on this as I make quite a few trips out to Pittsburgh from Baltimore and I can definitely free up some trunk space in my e28.

Nate Bucklew

1972 BMW 2002

Weber 40 DCOE

Ireland Stage 1 suspension

I may take one of you guys up on this as I make quite a few trips out to Pittsburgh from Baltimore and I can definitely free up some trunk space in my e28.

I'm about 3 hours from Pittsburgh, I think. zip code 45776, just off 33. Mine is just sitting on the lower shelf of the bench in my garage, and I could use that shelf for keeping other random odd car parts.

Not pretty or new, but seemed like it was working fine when I pulled it from the car for the 5-speed. It's had Redline MTL in it since I got the car in '05 and pulled the tranny in 2011. Could probably use some new seals to be safe.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I'm about 3 hours from Pittsburgh, I think. zip code 45776, just off 33. Mine is just sitting on the lower shelf of the bench in my garage, and I could use that shelf for keeping other random odd car parts.

Not pretty or new, but seemed like it was working fine when I pulled it from the car for the 5-speed. It's had Redline MTL in it since I got the car in '05 and pulled the tranny in 2011. Could probably use some new seals to be safe.

Very Cool, I will definitely be in touch next time I venture out that way.

Nate Bucklew

1972 BMW 2002

Weber 40 DCOE

Ireland Stage 1 suspension