fuzzynormal

242 Transmission

8 posts / 724 viewsLast Reply

What's the market saying in regards to how much a good condition 242 should cost?

Overpaying for something is no fun.

242 = stock 4 speed, right?

If so, anywhere from free to $250 depending on history and condition. I've had some EXTREMELY generous souls send me free gearboxes for the F Bomb in the last 2 years. I'll have one to offer back to the crowd in the spring. It has slightly sticky 2nd gear synchro, but it's free to anyone that can pick it up in Western PA.

If so, anywhere from free to $250 depending on history and condition. I've had some EXTREMELY generous souls send me free gearboxes for the F Bomb in the last 2 years. I'll have one to offer back to the crowd in the spring. It has slightly sticky 2nd gear synchro, but it's free to anyone that can pick it up in Western PA.

Or they can grab mine in southeast Ohio. :)

I may take one of you guys up on this as I make quite a few trips out to Pittsburgh from Baltimore and I can definitely free up some trunk space in my e28.

I may take one of you guys up on this as I make quite a few trips out to Pittsburgh from Baltimore and I can definitely free up some trunk space in my e28.

I'm about 3 hours from Pittsburgh, I think. zip code 45776, just off 33. Mine is just sitting on the lower shelf of the bench in my garage, and I could use that shelf for keeping other random odd car parts.

Not pretty or new, but seemed like it was working fine when I pulled it from the car for the 5-speed. It's had Redline MTL in it since I got the car in '05 and pulled the tranny in 2011. Could probably use some new seals to be safe.

5 years from now we will all be saying... "I remember when these things were given away!"

John

I'm about 3 hours from Pittsburgh, I think. zip code 45776, just off 33. Mine is just sitting on the lower shelf of the bench in my garage, and I could use that shelf for keeping other random odd car parts.

Not pretty or new, but seemed like it was working fine when I pulled it from the car for the 5-speed. It's had Redline MTL in it since I got the car in '05 and pulled the tranny in 2011. Could probably use some new seals to be safe.

Very Cool, I will definitely be in touch next time I venture out that way.