• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got the Sticker - Now What?

cxzsaq

Sorry for the noob question but I just can't figure this out.

The other day I installed the +5 HP sticker. Immediately after, I checked my points, re-did the timing and let the motor warm up. Drove the car out of the driveway and gave it a spin around the block.

Maybe 5 HP is not enough to feel the difference, but I couldn’t tell if I had the sticker or not!

Did I install it correctly? Did I miss-read the directions? Do I need to rewire anything additional - directions that came with the sticker were pretty straight forward - peel and stick - but I'm pretty sure the manufacturer is hiding some key step that was probably lost in translation…who knows where they make this stuff.

Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.

I'm just stumped!

; -)

post-17311-13667667481503_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Your directional orientation is amiss, in a real shambles, didnt u know the 5 hp sticker goes on fore or aft orientation, perpindicular installation will only increase understeer and for proof check our a Bugatti Veryon, you will never see a 5 hp sticker mounted longitudily. Cool story dude and you car is Clean as F#ck

Dave Miller

DBMW2002

That's an under-the-hood sticker. It has to be in close proximity to the intake or you get lag. With it located way in the back like that, it probably takes 5-8 seconds at WOT before the boost reaches the cylinder head. By then you've shifted gears and you have to start the clock all over again.

Excellent product. Faulty installation.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

The car has done at least one lap on the Nordschleife?

The rule is: No lap, KEIN AUFKLEBER. Also, most just run the Nordschleife, and in that case the Südschleife must be cut off the sticker.

If no lap, the disrespect of the rule probably eliminates the effect of the +5.

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------
1975 Taiga Euro 2002 3685483 - Weber 38/38 DGMS - Pertronix Ignitor - H&R Cup Kit - TEP headers and Simons 2" sport exhaust - 3.91 LSD.

rotate sticker slowly counterclockwise as you idle the engine at 1500 rpms. When your balls line up, you will obtain total consciousness, and at least an additional 7 hp

1970 Agave work in progress

Born on May 14 1970 and delivered May 19th 1970 to NYC to Hoffman Motor Corp. Agave code 071

new guy

help appreciated!

other cars: 1991 318is / 1999 540iT

friends.

i must admit i really loved reading everyones responses. they were all sooo creative. Im very happy to be part of this community and wanted to let everyone know that reading this post made my day!

im glad everyone was in on the joke (i hope).

have an awesome holiday and an even better new year!