• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone heard from Mark

Luis

I sent him an e mail at least a week ago. He has my radiator (the original one for the F Bomb that I REALLY want to stay with the car) and I'd sure like it returned. I haven't heard back from him....anyone here heard any updates?

tick...tock...tick...tock...

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Hi Luis, I haven't personally heard from mark since 9/25 when things were "looking up" I'm completely understanding of life changes but I desperately want my 1600 radiator back as is. -- it's been 4 months!

There are a handful of FAQers that have/had work in the queue and nobody seems to be able to contact Mark live - we've had no updates since the his post a few weeks ago. Mark, if you are reading this, please get it touch.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

I spoke to him last week on the phone He is trying to get things back on track. Everyone is being very patient and I think Mark will come through but I understand concerns about parts that cant be replaced. I understand setbacks but i dont understand lack of communication. You can stall people a long time if you just tell them what is going on and stay in contact

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Guest Anonymous

Bummer to hear about stories like this, hope it all works out for folks. Blunt is right, communication is key (FOR ANYTHING). The bummer is you just never know, most of us have been burned at least once (and for most many more unfortunately), you have to go with your gut instinct and get as much info on folks before you send your valuable gear off to strangers. Case in point, I sent my Schnitzer slide throttle off to a gent down in Salinas to be refurbished (about an hour and a half drive from me), little communication on the progress, message after message, months go by. I recruit Rob from o2 Haus to go take a peek - I decided I will do it myself. Had to take a day off work to do it. Never met the guy before, but I can tell you he pretty much instantly knew trouble was coming through is door when he saw me (I am 6'4 -240lbs as well....) and eventhough we never met I am nearly sure he knew who I was. Long story short, divorce, had to go back to New Zealand unexpectadly, other family problems, behind on other customers gear etc., bla, bla, bla. The situation has been handled. Bottom line, keep a close eye on your valuable gear and be selective about who you let work on it. My worthless o2c for the day.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Bummer to hear about stories like this, hope it all works out for folks. Blunt is right, communication is key (FOR ANYTHING). The bummer is you just never know, most of us have been burned at least once (and for most many more unfortunately), you have to go with your gut instinct and get as much info on folks before you send your valuable gear off to strangers. Case in point, I sent my Schnitzer slide throttle off to a gent down in Salinas to be refurbished (about an hour and a half drive from me), little communication on the progress, message after message, months go by. I recruit Rob from o2 Haus to go take a peek - I decided I will do it myself. Had to take a day off work to do it. Never met the guy before, but I can tell you he pretty much instantly knew trouble was coming through is door when he saw me (I am 6'4 -240lbs as well....) and eventhough we never met I am nearly sure he knew who I was. Long story short, divorce, had to go back to New Zealand unexpectadly, other family problems, behind on other customers gear etc., bla, bla, bla. The situation has been handled. Bottom line, keep a close eye on your valuable gear and be selective about who you let work on it. My worthless o2c for the day.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Mark,

Not worthless in the least. Glad it worked out for you.

LMK if there is anything else comes up with the project.

R

Parts inquiries: 2002haussales@gmail.com FAQ Supporting Vendor  www.2002haus.com www.bmw2002registry.com  Free Your Mind - Remove the Chains and Think 

have you called him yet? Mark's a good guy. Maybe his computer blew up. Call him . . ringy-ding

1970 Agave work in progress

Born on May 14 1970 and delivered May 19th 1970 to NYC to Hoffman Motor Corp. Agave code 071

new guy

help appreciated!

other cars: 1991 318is / 1999 540iT

I heard from Mark the other week because i emailed him personally, not as a customer or potential customer, but because i happen to know, as a customer, unrelated to this board, the shop where these Silicon Garage radiators are redone. I can tell you from personal experience that Mark himself is not the problem, but rather, the person at the shop is one of those creative, artisan flaky (don't want to use the word 'genius') types. I had four 02 cores there for years waiting to be done. He instantly recognized the radiators and asked if i knew Curtis, (not personally, but i knew of him). Silicon Garage always got preference but eventually i got two back. The problem seems to be with sourcing the actual cores that are replaced. I think Mark had to learn to take the words of the radiator shop guy 'with a grain of salt'. The radiator guy does do good work and is known locally as the go-to guy for rare and exotic radiator repairs with the BIG Money exotic car owners.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Thanks for the insights Jerry. I have a 2006 version in my other car that Curt provided and it's top notch. The collective problem we have at this point is that the radiators from our 'pride & joys' are at an unknown location in CA and Mark has been unreachable since his announcement that the he was out of the radiator and parts business. The original radiator has been out of my 1600 for over 4 months. I finally found a used radiator and spent $100 getting it repaired so I could actually drive my car again. I think everyone is in a similar boat; we are understanding and flexible, we just want to hear the plan for returning our unfinished radiators!

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

... and Mark has been unreachable since his announcement that the he was out of the radiator and parts business.

Ben

What?! The way I read it he was announcing he would be getting supplies in short order and was BACK INTO the radiator repair business...

Luis

Info From this Post on 10/28/2012:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/t,378514/

I need to start out by apologizing to everyone. When I first started 9Grenzen to follow Curt Ingraham and the Silicon garage legacy I had full intention on helping everyone out that needed a Radiator. But as many of you know over the last several months I have been hard to get a hold of. I can no longer keep putting people off with promises I hear from the Copper supplier. I have been told by them 2 more weeks. But I have been hearing that for the last 3-4 Months. I Realize I have left a few people hanging in the dark and for that I am sorry. i had to step away from this for a while the B.S. I was getting from the supplier was killing me but I am back to clean up the mess I left. The current state of the economy has finally got me and have Finally secured myself a real full time job the is taking 50-60 hours a week. So as of now I am no longer making Radiators or selling parts. This my change in the Future but no telling. Please contact me through my email 9grenzen@gmail.com or phone 510-507-2002

--> 1968 2002 <--

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, it's been over 30 days since we last had an update from Mark. I've tried several times to reach him and at this time, I have received zero responses.

I'm Mad/Sad/Frustrated that I don't have any resolution on the whereabouts of the original radiator from of my beloved 1600. The radiator has been with Mark for 5 months for the "silicon garage" treatment and I just want it back as is, no more questions asked. In the meantime, I've had to find and install another radiator so I could continue using my car.

If anyone here is a friend of Mark, please encourage him to collect his client's radiators and ship them back. If the radiators were sold for scrap, it would also be good to know this so I can move on with my life.

Regards, Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--