• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need someone to look at my suspension quote for me.

Doorslams

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

No not since I posted this. I still need to get this stuff done. Still trying to figure out whats the best route to take. Again I have no garage and no tools. I do however have a tax return....but I don't want to pay a ton of money and don't want the car gone for 3-4 weeks. It's kinda my daily right now.

the repairs. From the shop estimate, the repairs would not require you to be without your car for more than a few days. If I was to do it, I should be a ble to wrap it up over a weekend. Let me know if you want to meetup this weekend. A fresh suspension rebuild on your car will make it ride soooo nice.

Rob

'71 colorado 2002

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, havent been on the forums much....BUT I have ALL the parts for this whole suspension thing. I bought the whole rebuilt kit from Blunttech and that includes new control arms with the bushings already pressed (I heard it was a bitch to do that) plus new shocks and springs. 4 boxes of stuff! Now I just need to talk to someone who knows what they are doing. I'm willing to try it myself....or not...either way will you be around this weekend? I'm finally starting to get some free time.

Wow that's a bit too steep , I'm doing an overhaul on mine Front and Rear suspension and parts were $2000 on the dot, that includes every single bushing, ball joints, tie rods center link, IE sway bars and Stage2 lowering springs, billies sports etc.., I could've tackled the project my self but being as impatient as I am I decided against it, and gave it to a shop that's going to drop both subframes, clean and paint all parts, install all new parts and put everything back together for around $1600.

1979 e21 318 (sold)

1975 Inka (sold)

1983 e21 320i (sold)

1974 Polaris (sold)

1975 M42 Swap (work in progress)