• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question -- Guibo replacement

Dicks

Most will say YES!-get new nuts and bolts!! And pay attention to the direction they are installed and replicate..(nut to flange, bolt head to guibo)

The original type nuts/bolts are supposed to be a 'one time use' item. And if it has nylock type nuts, those never hold as well after the first use either.

That being said, if you turn/torque the NUT side (never the bolt head) to the point that you curse, you will more than likely be just fine.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

If you replace the locknuts, you might want to order THIS part number: 07 12 9 964 611. ( x 6) It's a 10mm lock nut, but is 16mm in hex size vs 17mm. Makes more room to fit the wrench! These nuts are among my professional 02 problem solvers.

For driver's motor mount, use this number (15mm hex M10, non locking flange based nut) 07 11 9 915 558. Saves bigtime in reassembly effort.

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

If you replace the locknuts, you might want to order THIS part number: 07 12 9 964 611. ( x 6) It's a 10mm lock nut, but is 16mm in hex size vs 17mm. Makes more room to fit the wrench! These nuts are among my professional 02 problem solvers.

+1 The same ones are used to secure the driveshaft to the differential.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Most will say YES!-get new nuts and bolts!! And pay attention to the direction they are installed and replicate..(nut to flange, bolt head to guibo)

The original type nuts/bolts are supposed to be a 'one time use' item. And if it has nylock type nuts, those never hold as well after the first use either.

That being said, if you turn/torque the NUT side (never the bolt head) to the point that you curse, you will more than likely be just fine.

never use nylocks on the guibo. the exhaust heat melts the nylon and they become NOlocks. just ask a certain 2002 Lemons race team about how that works.....;-)

2xM3

Ditto. I reuse 'em all the time, but don't be an idiot about it (if the corners of the nuts are all munged up and you barely got 'em off, etc).

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)