M2M3

scored some tii struts, with a car attached

76 posts / 4939 viewsLast Reply

how far over the edge are you if you buy a totally rusty 2002 tii just for the front struts?

well, i did that today. in keeping with ISRCG rules, it is red. loaded it up in the trailer and brought it home tonight. it is paul wegweiser's original car. unfortunately the body is the most rusted out 02 i have seen that could still move under it's own power. (not safely..the left rear subframe is no longer attached to the car.)

2012-10-06_19-04-35_279.jpg

2012-10-06_20-19-08_45.jpg

DSCN2553_zpsd0b900b0.jpg

2012-10-07_07-49-35_539.jpg

2012-10-07_07-49-15_284.jpg

cleanup and dissection will begin tomorrow. i will be posting various parts for sale as it comes apart. all the tii bits (engine/suspension/clock) already spoken for.

more pics here.

http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/pp59/mblytle/73tii%20rusty/?albumview=slideshow

Yay!

Rob - that's an old tii of mine from the late 80s. Massive sentimental value, but alas...too far gone to save. Glad Marshall and Co got it!

I drove that car from Erie PA to San Francisco in 3.5 days. Made it home in 3! In her day, she was a real runner. I ran that thing for 22 hrs at a time, stopping only for fuel and urine breaks on that trip. Hope the dash plaques / decals are salvageable.

Congrats Marshall! Keep in touch!

dash plaques, spare tire well, german flag colored center console plate and hopefully stickers are yours Paul. need to put all that stuff in the f-bomb for continuity!

Marshall did not mention that the tii ran out of gas right after he pulled it into the trailer! Would not start when trying to back it out of the trailer.

Got to love these old rusty tii's..

Awesomeness!

I still have a spare *perfect* 1600 red plastic hazard knob for your collection. ***EDIT*** Oops! I have that for Clay! Stoopid brain o mine always mixing names up! I just got back from the 25hr Chump Car race at Nelson Ledges....things are a little fuzzy right now. Sorry!

No rush on any of it...I'm just grateful to lay eyes on it again! :-D

Thanks!!!

Interested in selling the steering wheel and hub and also the thing that holds the ignition wires in the "pipe".

"I ran that thing for 22 hrs at a time, stopping only for fuel and urine breaks on that trip."

Did you not have enough urine?

Guest Anonymous

Love it, a o2 with history, my first sold to a 17 year old girl who lived up the mountain, I know she made it home safely, my 70 roundie went to Florida, never heard from again, ya grow to love these cars, now I have given my 76 Golf to my son, when Im done here, I hope he changes the oil reg.

Any chance your seats are for sale? Would be honered to have them?

Dave Miller Dunsmuir California

Interested in selling the steering wheel and hub and also the thing that holds the ignition wires in the "pipe".

steering wheel is a brand new momo prototipo...nicest part of the car! not sure if I am selling it yet. i have four steering wheels and will need to sell two or three. just not sure which ones yet...

what exactly it the thing that holds ignition wires you speak of?

Any chance your seats are for sale? Would be honered to have them?

Dave Miller Dunsmuir California

yes, seats will be for sale. one local checking them on monday. i will post for sale thread when they are available Dave.

"I ran that thing for 22 hrs at a time, stopping only for fuel and urine breaks on that trip."

Did you not have enough urine?

No coffee yet response...

You have to buy that stuff for new diesels with urea injection for cleaner emissions. Wonder when someone will invent a car seat with built-in "sump pump" and filtration system for replenishing the tank.

What is it with you and buying cars for certain parts, Marshall? ;) I kid, I kid.

What ever became of Barney? I know you have chunks of him laying around...

yes, i have a problem...;-)

the only thing i have left from Barney is the title, the VIN plate from the fender and the steering column pad with VIN. all the rest is long gone.....

Its circled red in the picture and bolts to the valve cover studs. It comes from a 320i and holds you ignition wires away from the header. Id be interested in any steering wheel as long as its in good condition.

MY02motoroverheadc.jpg