• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Love Story.. Edit... Need some help! Check end of first pa

bourkeco

Yesterday I took a drive to Santa Barbara with a trailer to pick up Inka Steve's resting 76. Steve, well his wife really, has owned this car since it was new and its been everyone in the Fam. car at some point. I am honored to be intrusted with its survival.. and will do my best! I know most of the storys of the dents and such and I love that, so there will be no paint and bodywork for this survivor, just a little eng. and int. R&R and drive it like it was ment to be driven!!!

photo-44-M.jpg

The rest of the pics are here...

http://bourkeco.smugmug.com/Cars/Inka-Steves-OG/25151376_d4VS6v#!i=2062457412&k=wXSXDpW

Scott B.

1969 2002, 1972 2002, 1967 1600, 2001 540It

AWESOME !!!!

Cheers,

Carl

p.s. oh, and by the way, my '74 tii has been through Santa Barbara a million times and I've never seen this one ..... and I've driven through Santa Barbara a gazillion times and have never seen it. Amazing.

scott if you need help call me i would love to help/learn along the way.

Nice Scott! Glad to see your collection growing. Steve, are you happy it's out of your driveway, or sad it's gone??

My wife is happy to get part of the driveway back, I am very glad Scott adopted it.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

AWESOME !!!!

Cheers,

Carl

p.s. oh, and by the way, my '74 tii has been through Santa Barbara a million times and I've never seen this one ..... and I've driven through Santa Barbara a gazillion times and have never seen it. Amazing.

It's been in SB since 1976, bought it new locally. Off the street since I got the touring six years ago. In good hands now.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

burkeco - luv yer Sprinter

all that needs is all the Emission Controls and Air Conditioning

krap removed and it'll will run like it was intended.

nice car

photo1-2-S.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

burkeco - luv yer Sprinter

all that needs is all the Emission Controls and Air Conditioning

krap removed and it'll will run like it was intended.

nice car

photo1-2-S.jpg

The Sprinter Van is the best all around auto I have ever bought!!! I really want A/C in my DD but may go with a new trunk mount unit! Smog will be disabled but left on for passing smog test purpose....

Steve thanks for the Sig... I will Love her and take care of her, thanks for the vote of confidance....

Scott B.

1969 2002, 1972 2002, 1967 1600, 2001 540It

Here are some pictures of the Good Old Days with the 76 Inka. Right up to the arrival of the Touring, accused of "alienation of affections" soon afterward.

The 76, Originally my wife's (nickname 2E), bought new to replace the Porsche 914 upon the arrival of our first son.

Eventually I got it for it's second wind. More children, when we moved up to station wagons and mini vans.

When 1st son attained driving age, third life began, he got it, put his personal touches on it and drove it through high school and after he moved out. He abandoned it when he bought his first truck.

I saved it from the field it sat in for a year or so in 2002. Back home, changed back to original all of son's personal touches, revived it and it started its fourth life driving up and down the California coast going to various BMW shows. FestWest San Luis Obispo, BayArea02 in Palo Alto, Bimmerfest in Santa Barbara, Drives up Hwy 33 and other backroads in California. Right up to the arrival of the Touring.

Now after 6 years of being ignored, covered in the driveway, the 76 is in good hands getting ready for its next life bringing driving joy to someone else.

Like the rings in an old tree, every dent, nick, scratch represents some event in the long fruitful life of the 1976 BMW 2002.

a6e22cf0-1.jpg

Bridgealt-1.jpg

PaloAltoShow045a-1.jpg

PaloAlto06007-1.jpg

PaloAlto06003-1.jpg

p9170248-1.jpg

Bfestbanner012.jpg

Bfestbanner008.jpg

Bfestbanner006.jpg

Bimmerfest06034.jpg

Bimmerfest06074.jpg

DSC_4356.jpg

Starbucksw-1.jpg

43c8d7d9.jpg

touring007-1.jpg

touring008-1.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg