• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay #251129200084, beware!

randerson

Not mine, NA. I don't why I am posting this as everyone should see the description is completely wrong. One set of pictures shows a round tail light car and the other picture show a square tail light car. One side has belt line trim and the other side does not. Different wheels on each side.

Another crook in the crowd, always look or have the car looked at!!!

That's correct, If it was a California car it would have received a Blue plate.

Note the seller says it's a "black plate car", but maybe he doesn't know what that term means.

To me, "black plate car" means "a continuously registered California car that still has its original '63-'69 black license plate on current registration with the California DMV, or has a PNO declaration to the DMV that would allow the license plate to be reactivated. It comes with multiple registration certificates in the glove-box so there is proof to the DMV that the new owner can register the car with the same plate." It does NOT mean "a Car that used to have a black plate", or "a Car that comes with a black plate as a souvenir". That's my definition, others' may vary.

My personal definition of "black plate car" does NOT include a "YOM registration", if and when California allows that.

"Black plate car" is not really a legally-defined term, and I could see a (shady) used-car dealer saying a car is a "black plate car" that doesn't meet my definition above. Or a well-intentioned seller trying to express that a car used to have a black-plate because happens to be MY1969 or older. Neither counts for me.

Last fun car: '98 Volvo V70R AWD

Next fun car, and occupation: Looking for the right BMW 2002 or e28

Hey Randy,

Looked a little late I guess. What is showing now is only a square light car.

The VIN posted...2370286...was a car on Ebay Nov '10 needing some help.

It was black (orig??) and was in Riverside, CA.

I can only go by what the Seller state (VIN #), so I'm assuming it is the same car.

Sorry the pics are small.

post-5786-13667663445646_thumb.jpg

post-5786-13667663446017_thumb.jpg

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I've sent him an email through eBay.

"Hi,

You have photos of two different cars in your add. Exactly which one are you selling? Also, if it is the 1976, it can not be a "Black Plate" car since it's a post-1969 vehicle and clearly has white plates on it. It also does not have Alpina rims. What are they?

Please let me know.

Thank you."

I'll let you know if he responds.

Mike

73 tii #2764014