• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Body Work Paint Bumper conversion Frame rails WHEELS

Those wheels!

You might want to try some negative camber in the front to help with your wheel fitment. Bringing the top of the strut in will get the tire away from the fender and give your car better turn in. Then you can have the ride height you want.

Your car looks great!

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

2 hours ago, Harv said:

Those wheels!

You might want to try some negative camber in the front to help with your wheel fitment. Bringing the top of the strut in will get the tire away from the fender and give your car better turn in. Then you can have the ride height you want.

Your car looks great!

John

Thanks John! When I dropped the car (~2"?), I thought I got some neg camber, but maybe I need more? I have some camber plates I will give a try, when I get the new shocks in.

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Those non adjustable camber plates with stock (e21?) strut mounts might not give you enough. But maybe they will? Strut suspension doesn't change camber much when lowering because the top stays in the same place. The bottom might come out a little but it's almost negligible.

How's the snow and ice up there?

John

7 minutes ago, Harv said:

Those non adjustable camber plates with stock (e21?) strut mounts might not give you enough. But maybe they will? Strut suspension doesn't change camber much when lowering because the top stays in the same place. The bottom might come out a little but it's almost negligible.

How's the snow and ice up there?

John

aaah... interesting, OK. The plates I have are fixed yes, forget where they came from. So I should get adjustable. Any recommendation?

We had 4-5" of snow this morning! uggg.

SiteNamecopy.jpg

It's my experience that the adjustable plates are noisy. Maybe those KMak adjustable plates? The other option is to have the struts bent. I.E. Does this as I'm sure others do too. The struts on my orange car are not bent but they are shortened and I have the I.E. Adjustable plates and coilover springs. I can't remember the settings off hand and I can't find my allignment setting sheet but I think I have -1.5 neg camber in the front. That's with the adjustable plates at full in. 

John

10 hours ago, Harv said:

It's my experience that the adjustable plates are noisy. Maybe those KMak adjustable plates? The other option is to have the struts bent. I.E. Does this as I'm sure others do too. The struts on my orange car are not bent but they are shortened and I have the I.E. Adjustable plates and coilover springs. I can't remember the settings off hand and I can't find my allignment setting sheet but I think I have -1.5 neg camber in the front. That's with the adjustable plates at full in. 

John

I have the IE fixed plates: http://www.iemotorsport.com/bmw/2002-suspension-steering/02fcp.html These look too mild for what I need, I presume....

Scott

SiteNamecopy.jpg

52 minutes ago, thinksound_mike said:

Scott,

This car is a total eyesore, especially with it's shiny paint and those fancy wheels. I'd be more than happy to do you a favor and trade you mine; maybe some cash on your end to make it fair.

Your friend,

Mike

lol - I will give this some serious thought, like when I have the motor out in the spring.

SiteNamecopy.jpg

And this just fell in my lap. A real wood veneer facia, euro cluster. I will attempt to carefully refinish the surface as the old varnish has dried, cracked & disappeared in places. As Hans discovered, these were in Tii Lux models, only. (anyone know differently?)

I bought this for the speedo gauge. I will most likely just move the face and ctr gauge to my existing cluster. And as Scott Aaron noted, the left gauge in this cluster does not have the cross hairs as the later years have. (Which my 76 has)

IMG_0362.thumb.JPG.351e87414d8f317c498f4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SiteNamecopy.jpg

You have a very lucky lap! A great find, and now I know they are factory. I have been wanting to build something like that, to match the rest of the interior. That will look amazing.

• Like 1

1976 02 in Granatrot Met. m42, 5sp. - Greta

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

IMG_2770.JPGShortly after my last update, almost a year ago, I went into the hospital for a couple of months... and thanks to some good friends my motor rebuild happened and completed before I returned home.IMG_2769.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiteNamecopy.jpg