• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lynx manifold fitment issue

Highgrade

Hi Fellas,

I have luckily got my hands on a ramflow lynx manifold but, juts realized that it is missing that screw that connects the manifold to the brake booster.

Anyone has any idea what kind of screw is that? or is it specific to the lynx manifold?

please see pic it is the screw on the right of the manifold.

thanks

post-19689-13667659234591_thumb.jpg

Do Good Attitood

Thanks for the info,

But I live in Thailand and It would really be helpful if I could source a similar screw here instead of ordering it from these guys.

If anyone know what kind of screw it is (eg: size type) would really help.

Thanks

Do Good Attitood

Hi, not sure was size the threads are, but go to your local hardware/plumming store and look for a brass fitting that will fit. Nothing Special, probably metric size. hope that helps

FO

FO 2573825

1971 2002, 5-OD, Recaro SE, BBK, 90Amp Alt, Turbines, VDO, Hellas, BD belts, LED Tails, 10 Foot DD

That brass fitting is not a screw it is a hose barb. Pipe thread on one end and a hose barb on the other end.If you are going to work on cars-lawnmowers-an ice maker - or a garden friggen hose- you have got to know these things.

From here I think it is a 1/4 pipe to 1/2 inch hose barb.Take the Lynx to the closest plumbing supply slash-marine supply slash - aircondition supply slash hardware store,along with the hose off of the booster. Then you can make it up.

Sorry gota bust your balls on this one-but you can take this one to the bank.

Catman

I did the things yesterday no one wanted to -

So I could do the things today no one else can afford.

Hey There, Your NK must be coming along ?

What you need is an adaptor fitting. Without checking the port you won't know if it is a tapered hole to suit a tapered fitting like NPT or a parallel hole to suit a parallel thread like BSP/UNF etc.

They can be identified by using a thread gauge to see how many teeth per inch (TPI) or the easier way is to try a selection of fittings. This is easier in the West than in Thailand ( ask me how I know )

Best bet would be a good boat chandler/hardware store or if you have a good Chinese Thai run car parts store as they usually carry all sorts of bits and pieces.

last option would be to locate a fitting that suits your hose and then drill out and tap your manfold port to suit. I prefer tapered threads so would probably do this anyway.

Here's a pic of roughtly what you need. The hose goes over the stepped end ( the barb) the tapered threaded end goes into your manifold. This is only an example as there are several types of thread posibilities. Good luck ! As we know what seems an easy fix down at the local hardware store in the US isn't always so easy in South East Asia especially with a big language barrier..

post-19689-13667659256394_thumb.jpg

Not trying to change your thread....but just having reinstalled my Lynx manifold I found that the standard Weber jetting is NOT what you need in this situation.

Email Steve at RaceTEP for the recommended jetting or do a search on "Lynx" as I think I posted the recomendations. Or...email me directily through the FAQ and I'll share. Also, the starting point for setting the idle is air bleeds at 1/2 turn out, and idle mix at 2-2.5 turns....adjust for best running.

BMWCCA #545

1972 BMW 2002 Colorado "Traumcycle"

2000 BMW 323Ci