• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new owner and new to forum

Bo

greetings all just sorta wanted to say hello and introduce myself as well as ask for any advice you all have for a new to 2002's gear head. I am Bo and iv been a mechanic since 95' done diesel and automotive repairs, currently have a 66' chevy truck 61' chevy suburban (my wifes) a 62 chevy 2 nova and in a couple days will be picking up a 74' 2002. iv always liked the 2002's and found one locally in fair shape relatively rust free runs but has oil in the coolant. it comes with another engine block and head as well as another carb and mics. odds and ends. i heard it run and seemed to run ok, but we will see apron getting it home. so I was wondering if you all could share any decent parts dealers/performance part warehouses aside from ireland (?) racing please. and where is a good source for engine parts as i will probably re-build the second engine if needed with a little performance bump. possibly a little port and polish etc.. any way i will quit blithering . oh if it matters i plan on daily driving and possibly occasional autocross days. thanks

Welcome!

Vendor's list here: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_bookmarks/Itemid,66/mode,0/catid,7/navstart,0/search,*/

Lotsa other stuff on the site. Poke around in the project blogs florum. use the "site search" function too (upper right of your screen).

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Welcome Post up some pics

This man is a great parts source!

Also many of the parts on this car can be bought used so dont be afraid to post up a WTB add in the Wanted section if ya need some parts cause most of us have a stash (might just be me...). GL with the new rig! I'd love to see pics of the wifes Nove II and your other rigs. I'm a Chevy guy, 2002 as a daily and an '86 K20 with a Detroit as the work truck.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Welcome to the forum and be sure to upload some pics once you get the car!

If you need any help or info regarding parts for your 02 let me know.

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

some active, some less so. You might consider dropping in at the monthly "EuroSunday" get-togethers (8 am, 4th Friday of each month, various locations - CA Auto Museum this coming Sunday) - I'm almost always there, and there are usually a couple of of other '02 folks as well....

I'm also a BMW/Chevy guy - have had everything from Camaros to Suburbans over the years, currently have a '66 Nova wagon in addition to the '02 and two other bimmers.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

awsome! thank you sir and great to meet you . we will make it to a get together at some point and hopefully meet face to face. this week end is pretty much shot though . is there a schedule some whare of the meets?

awsome! thank you sir and great to meet you . we will make it to a get together at some point and hopefully meet face to face. this week end is pretty much shot though . is there a schedule some whare of the meets?