• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stiff!

pwagon717

So I made the switch over to GCs yesterday that I had for over 2.5 years sitting on my father roller. Have the shortened housing with rabbit inserts. My car is stiff up front. I mean by pressing down on the hood, it does not budge. If I hit a bump, it feel like the front end is going to disentegrate before me. I had coils on my E30, and these are way stiffer with a lesser spring rate. I hope my shock is having some play and being used. Anyone else on coils, super stiff (lol)?

Yep thats about right, what rate are your spring?Shortened struts are really only good for track, that was the idea anyway .Changing your springs to 300 might help a bit.

72/2002 Inca

72tii/2002 "Apple"

70/2002 "Five "

73/2002 "Freeda"

2007 Lotus 7 Replica

2011 Ford xr6 Ute

85 E30 325

70 1600-2 "Orange"

The slicks are 22x1x13 Hoosiers. Wheels are Spinwerks 13x10 with a 3 inch backspace. Wheels weigh 10.5 lbs and are stout enough that I haven't been able to booger them up when mounting tires.

post-215-13667653796429_thumb.jpg

73 2002 Tii Sold

71 2002 Ti Vintage racecar

84 BMW 325 E-Prod racecar Sold

So I made the switch over to GCs yesterday that I had for over 2.5 years sitting on my father roller. Have the shortened housing with rabbit inserts. My car is stiff up front. I mean by pressing down on the hood, it does not budge. If I hit a bump, it feel like the front end is going to disentegrate before me. I had coils on my E30, and these are way stiffer with a lesser spring rate. I hope my shock is having some play and being used. Anyone else on coils, super stiff (lol)?

I am running 250lbs spring up front with rabbit sport inserts. It is stiff, but not horrible. I can't imagine going stiffer on the street, though.