• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 door seals

7002chris

you are talking about the weatherstrip seals around doors similar to what we have around the trunk?

if so, get original. it will cost more, yes. but getting these original ensures less wind noise when when you are driving, better seal and less chance for water getting in.

i have read on a few posts where folks bought non original seals and several were not happy with the fit and end result (water getting in and noise).

blut should have these or your dealer. good luck.

I bought my door seals from bmaautoparts out of Glendale on eBay at $103 a piece. Pretty good deal, and the fit is pretty good. They seem a tad bulky, but I'm sure they will wear in nicely over some time. I tried to go through BMW originally, and they are for sure back-ordered.

Here's a link if you're interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E10-2002-Door-Seal-LEFT-Sku-51711808685-/190024450357?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ABMW%7CModel%3A2002&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c3e570135#ht_836wt_1222

Cheers!

Eric

the 685/686 door seals are still on back order. bmw USED to give a release date on these, which they kept changing. now there is no release date. the only other choice is the uro brand, made in china. i believe blunt posted that he has sold over 50 sets of these with only 1 complaint. the uro seals are readily available

Ken Inn

i suppose i'm fortunate...i don't have the same problems with 'non-bmw' stuff as others do...i have the euro seals on 2 of my o2's, doors, and front & rear windows and until everyone started calling them crap i was perfectly happy with them...

they don't leak, installed as easily as any originals i've work'd with, have not disintegrated but according to the majority here, don't buy them, they are crap....some day, i'm gonna get a loan and buy some real bmw seals so i won't be ashamed to say i didn't use real bmw stuff

I too have had no issues with the Uro door seals. The windshield seal was a different matter, I had to order a BMW one to make it work.

'69 2002

'59 MGA

'67 Chevy C20

“Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.” - Mark Twain