• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally took some pictures

mrgesq

Here in the upper Midwest, the seasons are changing and it's time to start thinking about putting the 02 away for the season in the next few weeks. I had a local photography student take some pictures of my car and I shot a few myself on the MN/WI border during a fall color run up and down the bluffs and valleys of western Wisconsin last weekend. Major twisties and tons of fun. The original paint still looks pretty good for 35 years old. Got it pretty much where I want it for now.

100811_2987.jpg

100811_2983.jpg

_MG_5587.jpg

_MG_5630.jpg

_MG_5615.jpg

_MG_5605.jpg

Mike

76 Malaga (Molly)

Mods:

Weber

Recaro

Eibach

Bilstein

Panasport

Ansi

Parker

Ireland Eng.

'72 Tii Project

Thanks everyone. My father bought the car in 1990 and stored it in a barn from 1991 to 2005 when I got it from him. (There's a 1973 Tii in the barn too, but that's the next project, and another post) It's taken about three years of tinkering to get it cleaned up and put together. It's a real California car. I'm the third owner. I even tracked down the original owner from receipts in the glove box. He lives in Hunnington Beach.

My father bought the Recaro seats new in 1983 for a conversion van. They were $1200 a piece back then. I still have the color Recarro catalog and sales invoice. Model "Ideal C" I believe. He sold the van and kept the seats. Yes, everything still works: Power tilt, heaters, power air lumbar bolsters with individual air bladder adjusters and stereo speakers in the headrests. The fabric is a little faded, but they've held up very well. They even match the original interior of the car. They certainly were helpful last weekend bombing through the twisties. They kept me firmly in place while my son slid around in the back seat trying to find something to hold on to.

Mike

76 Malaga (Molly)

Mods:

Weber

Recaro

Eibach

Bilstein

Panasport

Ansi

Parker

Ireland Eng.

'72 Tii Project

You just need a nice wood steering wheel to finish that interior!

79' 320i (comfy modified daily driver)

73' 2002 (weekend beater crusier/rolling resto)

73' 2002tii (superfast rust bucket undergoing restoration)

72' tii (parts car)  ...99' SV650  ...00' KTM 380 2 stroke ...06' Kawasaki Ninja 500R ...96' F-250 7.3L turbo diesel (towtruck)

VERY NICE!!

It reminds me of my first 02 that was totaled by a city bus back in the early 90's.

Love the Recaros.

Thanks for the pics. Now I'm going to cry.

1976 2002 (Grey Ghost)

2002 X5 3.0i Newly Added

2001 Z3 Roadster 2.5i

1976 Malaga 2002 (totaled by city bus)

1985 535i (totaled. Hit from behind)

1981 320i (trade-in. AC issues)

LIFE IS SHORT, TIME TO DRIVE.

Mike,

I'm surprised no one mentioned your F/R Bumper tucking !!

That looks great as if it were factory spec !!

Thanks for joining us on the drive... it was great fun !!

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet