• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Concours on the Avenue -- Carmel-by-the-Sea (yesterday)

Jim_75Sahara

who's BMW was at the Mccall Motorsports event on Wednesday night? I think it was a 3.0 CSI, but it was NICE! I thought it held it's own parked next to private jets, Pagani super cars and the WWII aircraft. The whole week starting with that was a blur. I worked on the field crew at the Quail show but the only BMW's were in the parking lot, including my tii. It was interesting the number of people who would stop and chat about my car, which is not in show condition. One guy from the Netherlands talked with me for about 15 minutes about his 2002 back at home. I asked if he brought a car today to which he replied, "I came over with the Veyrons"!!!!!! Crap, that's a $1.5 million dollar car just to start! All the people and cars I saw were really nice. Definitely a great time of year to be around the area. You can't go anywhere without stumbling upon fine autos.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Craig (nesky45): I sent you a text today. Not sure if you got it. Great to meet you & Kathy at the Legends of the Autobahn last Fri. I skipped the local BMWCCA meeting last night. Feared that it would have been a letdown after the auto overload last week.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Jim,

It was HBChris that was parked by Aunt Aggie's house in Carmel. Malaga E9.

Craig,

Here is proof that you guys got all the way here from Oregon. Someone saw your car parked out on the grass and took a pic of it. Enjoyed meeting both of you, glad you made the trip.

DSC0814.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

My exotic car hangover is just wearing off today, Wednesday.

Did you toss that Volcano 200 decal in my car?.....I am now wearing it proudly. Now I need one for the window on the other side.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Nice photo of my car....Thanks.

Also, nice photo of Carrine, Kathy will like it.

Nice see all you guys down Cali way. I also met Adam, who lives in Pacific Grove and drives a nice 69. He was lined up for a show and drive to Carmel along the 17 Mile Drive.

Oh and congrats to Steve for second place in "Clean Class" at the BMW show. He beat out much newer cars.

Met a guy from Mexico, who was going to the Concour at Pebble Beach, spotted us getting out of the 02 and came right up to us. Seems he has an Agave, which is one of only 10 in the whole country. I gave him this link and told he needs to post up a picture of his car. Told him this is the "most important tool in his 2002 box"

Car ran perfectly the whole 1,800 miles.

Cheers,

Craig

1972 2002 Sahara
2017 228i

2019 F 250

Met a guy from Mexico, who was going to the Concour at Pebble Beach, spotted us getting out of the 02 and came right up to us. Seems he has an Agave, which is one of only 10 in the whole country. I gave him this link and told he needs to post up a picture of his car. Told him this is the "most important tool in his 2002 box"

I'm betting his name was Adrian Aguirre, he's got one heck of an '02.

Thanks to those who posted pictures, I must live vicariously through your photos for this year.

Craig it was great talking with you on Friday. The kids had a great time on the drive after the show although we did end up breaking off early. Hope to catch up again some time. Any one who plans on making it out next year I will make a better effort to catch up with more of the '02 family.