• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is what an M20 2002 should look like

ClayW

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very likely that the engine is a 2.3 M20 from a 323.

The distributor and valve cover indicates this in the photos.

That engine is a bit smaller in dimension and thus fits the 02 a bit easier.

Remember that over in Germany they had various versions of the smallest

of the M20's (320/6), 323i, etc.

Our original engine mounts were designed from the 323, and modified twice to work properly with the M20B25 engines.

Parts inquiries: 2002haussales@gmail.com FAQ Supporting Vendor  www.2002haus.com www.bmw2002registry.com  Free Your Mind - Remove the Chains and Think 

i want that on my car..!!!!!

Vin # 1567904. 69 Golf 1600-2

Vin # 1689995. 70 Golf 2002 ti

Vin # 3751763. 75 Golf 2002

Others.

1990 Ferrari 512m

1985 Lamborghini Countach Lp 500

1997.5 Hummer H1.

Dreaming about Audi R8 biturbo

Carlos.

Punta Cana. Dominican Republic.

If I ever buy a second car as a daily driver, I would be seriously looking into a triple-carb setup on my M20 '02. So delicious, I can't imagine what that must sound like at WOT.

Anyone have a clue where to find those manifolds? I'd think they must be pretty rare unless something bolts up from another application.

Davin (who was in SF)

London, England

1968 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe

Pressin' on regardless . . .

If I ever buy a second car as a daily driver, I would be seriously looking into a triple-carb setup on my M20 '02. So delicious, I can't imagine what that must sound like at WOT.

Anyone have a clue where to find those manifolds? I'd think they must be pretty rare unless something bolts up from another application.

Not sure about that type but I'm pretty certain extrudabody sells sidedraft types.

1988 Bmw E30 M50 Turbo

1975 Bmw 2002

Not sure about that type but I'm pretty certain extrudabody sells sidedraft types.

1988 Bmw E30 M50 Turbo

1975 Bmw 2002

Extrudabody sells the sidedraft type, they are made by Rowland Manifolds in South Africa and Extrudabody is their US distributor. Rowland Manifolds also produce that downdraft style as well.

I am hesitant to say much yet, because right now it is nothing but a pipe dream, but I hope to make a manifold as well.

Triple Weber IDF's Jeez that thing must be a screamer! I would love to do that in an 02!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Extrudabody sells the sidedraft type, they are made by Rowland Manifolds in South Africa and Extrudabody is their US distributor. Rowland Manifolds also produce that downdraft style as well.

I am hesitant to say much yet, because right now it is nothing but a pipe dream, but I hope to make a manifold as well.

I know Rowland can make you any manifold from just the gaskets. And their prices are relatively cheap. I can always find out what the prices are directly from them if you guys like and ship it over to you.

They make pretty decent m10 sd manifolds aswell.

Regards

Jacques

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...

I just did some quick wiki-research and have a couple of questions;

Will any of the M20 "200" engines work in an 02 with such a set up?

Also, has anyone / will it work if you put an M21 diesel with turbo in an 02?

Just curious. I like learning about all these tweeks with different equipment.

1973 2002tii "Pinchy"

2006 Mini Cooper

1964 Vespa VBB

2007 Toyota 4Runner

http://qstii.blogspot.com