• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 2002 Tii alpina

that is clean, drool

But, it's not clear whether this is actually an Alpina-built car. I'm guessing it isn't a "real" A4S. If it was, the bidding should start at $40k, not #25k.

The car used to be Bob Murphy's, of the tii registry fame. He built the car and it was one of the first A4s that was state-side back in the day. ALPINA, no. History, yes.

BTW, I think the original post is from the owner and I assume only02 is selling it for him.

Good luck with the sale.

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '92 M5T (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

When running an Alpina set-up like this, are they using a tii or regular style brake booster?

Tii

On another note... I thought Bob's car had factory late alloys???

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

When running an Alpina set-up like this, are they using a tii or regular style brake booster?

Tii

On another note... I thought Bob's car had factory late alloys???

It did. I considered the car when he was selling it and they were on it then. It was a really terrific example with some rare and interesting parts. Seemed like the magic number was about 40k back then which was too high for me, even before the economy went south. Wonder what it will go for now. I also seem to remember the owner posting something about having issues (if memory serves) with the A4 system. It would be good to know the running condition and current state of tune.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

Guest Anonymous

It isn't a car that came from or was assembled by or at ALPINA. That said Bob Murphy was meticulous - someone is going to get a real nice car that would be difficult to replicate (without a lot of time and $$$$$). Personally not a huge fan of the zender or Turbo rear spoilers (unless on a Turbo car), but that is just me. I like the wheels, but would have found something in a 185/70 size in lieu of 205/60, hell I am nick picking. Great car, would love to own it myself.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

I am the current owner of the vehicle and Chris Willett (only02) is selling the vehicle for me.

The touring is a sharp car, but I would not be interested in any trades

Whomever is selling it should answer the questions submitted. All part of selling a car. Nothing puts off interested parties (like me) quite like not bothering to respond. So there you go.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.