• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MidAmerica 02 Fest - this weekend

BoBlack

The weather is looking good for this weekend. Thursday and Friday - no rain. 20% chance of tshowers Saturday evening. 50% for the trip out Sunday. No mention of hail. Our area has been hammered this April, but it seems we are getting a break. Not too late to join us.

Hate we are missing it, after being there the last 4 years :(

And I'll bet the Buffalo River is running high this year too, no portaging like last year, with all the rain you have had. Man we are sad and the guys are mad at me, But we are going up to the mountains of VA in our 02s over the weekend to help ease our sorrows (and since everyone scheduled the time off) to do Brad and AM's drive.

Are you giving the quiz on Friday too :)

Safe travels to all and yall have fun. We will be thinking and talking about you guys!!!!

See you in a few weeks however!

New this year - Friday night tech session.

Jimk - motor oil, Lebowski - turbo M10, Skip M42 & M44

We're half way! Will be there pending alternator repairs. Ran out of battery on I-70 40miles west of Salina, KS. Nice ride in a car hauler to Salina. Alternators not available here, unit in to an electric shop for rebuilt (bad diodes).

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Have fun at the meet! Bring back pictures can't make it to that one.

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

Bo,

When and where is dinner Friday night? I'm heading out right after school, hopefully around 3:15. Google says 4 1/2 hours......hopefully no unexpected stops! :) So...I'll probably go straight to dinner. I'm sure the mid-america site says, but it's giving me fits lately.

Looking forward!!!

Byron

76 02 inka

04 r1150r

Made it to Shreveport meeting some of the Texas folks then to skips. Save us a place.

Gotta love it I-49 in Louisiana is now 75mph.

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

We have a big group from Texas headed to SKips then Eureka. Picking up a few Cajuns along the way. Thanks in advance Bo for putting this together again

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Byron...no "official" group dinner spot this year. Bo is going to make some suggestions to festival-goers and then we're essentially on our own. Saves him from the logistical nightmare of making reservations for 50+ folks. If you want phone numbers so you can decide where to head when you hit town e-mail me and I'll blast you any you may not have. See you tomorrow.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Ok I made it...

Back home that is after another turbo manifold failure. I'm glad I was leaving early to meet a friend in Little Rock first. Can't get the car ready again, so I'll be driving down tomorrow sans 2002.

Are you guys SURE you want me to talk about turbocharging? Apparently I'm a moron...

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...