• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the weirdest thing you have found in your car?

Cyclone101

I cut open my driver side floor panel to find and eliminate all rust, but when I opened the frame rail I found a weird piece of rusted metal.

Upon closer inspection I found that it was a ratchet wrench with a 13 socket still attached! It is OLD and rusted. I suspect a bmw employee couldn't find his ratchet! Wonder how many times this car went back to the dealers to find that rattle!

Crazy!

Regards

Jacques

post-18977-13667641690486_thumb.jpg

post-18977-13667641691459_thumb.jpg

post-18977-13667641693148_thumb.jpg

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's really quite interesting. What are rusting conditions like in Pretoria? i.e., salty air?

My 02 had a nice collection of popsicle sticks around the fuel tank but was otherwise clean. The E30 came with a bag of grass hiding under the ashtray!

Michael Smith

Well not actually in it.......more like on it. Found this signature under the hood Roundel of a car I used to own. Seems like a factory worker signed his work.

[/img]Stickphotos126.jpg{option}

Phil

Phil/Bomb Guy in Colorado

2002 E46M3

2002 E46 325 xi

1991 E30 325ix

1970 2002 M2

1966 Mustang

Guest Anonymous

In 1984 I bought a new 325i which had a rattle in the trunk. Was not a bad rattle but after a few years it became a mission to find it. Tucked up in the trunk was a beautiful crome spanner that was stamped made in Germany. My tool box improved by 100% with its addition.

Haha, I dont think this ratchet will help me restore my car, but I do want to frame it with a picture of the finished car.

That's really quite interesting. What are rusting conditions like in Pretoria? i.e., salty air?

Pretoria has a high elevation and a dry climate, and classic car collectors fly from all over the world to buy cars here. Rut is not a problem here.

The problem is that this car was a Kwazulu-Natal car, which is located on the eastern coast of South Africa and it has a wet and humid climate, rust is is a common problem there.

If you want TOTALLY rust free cars, go to Namibia, I've seen ww1 tank tracks next to the road there that only has surface rust, they can still bend. Crazy place that. Beautiful, but crazy.

(EDIT:haha, gota love google> I just found this link. These are the same tracks http://www.panoramio.com/photo/46947991)

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...