• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Value for Old Roundel Magazines ?

De-contenting the house in order to sell it, we're moving this Summer to SC. I think I've got all the Roundels going back to 1990 or so. I probably haven't looked at a single back issue ... we I can't even remember when, and while I'm getting old I'm not getting that old. I've got the CD from many years back (the one with the loading / memory on problems. Not sure they have ever issued and updated CD.

Just wondering if there is really any value to them, or are they just recycle material?

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

73 tii (Verona, survivor, owned since '92)

66 DS21 (most technologically advanced car of the 20th Century)

I remember visiting a friend that had a tiny guest bathroom on the first floor. They had a huge stack of New Yorker magazines and used the covers to create a decopauge "wallpaper". Very creative and one of a kind.

I usually offer up my old Roundels to anybody local that wants them. I try to clean house every few years- I'm due to get rid of a box full now.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

When I retired from the Army in 2004 I took all my old Roundels to the hospital at Ft. Rucker and they stocked the waiting rooms for the troops. They were happy to have them.....

Earl

aka Snakdriver

74 02 Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

If you have the ones from year 2002, I would love to take them off your hands.

Are you going to Vintage (NC) next month?? If not, I might go to Carlisle to see C.D. before he "retires" from the show circuit.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I've got the entire collection going back to issue 1 (a whole one page) to present, and I offered them for sale/offers with no luck. They seemed destined to the compost pile. Two problems, they are heavy, so shipping will cost $$$, and with the internet they have lost the historical value. As far as the CD, that is not a fair comparison, since you can't beat a hard copy, there is something tangible (no pun) about paper. My wife has threatened to put them in the burn pile, since she needs the space for her yoga mat, I explained to her that paper doesn't burn that well, I keep telling her, if I was fool enough to buy them, there has to be another fool in the universe like me, and then, that somebody will find somebody else like him in ten years, right???

FAQ Member # 91