• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

poor guy, sold two classics for a junk Porsche

asifallasleep

Yes I do.

And - Marshall would drive me around. And I'd wet myself.

And then two people would be pissed.....

actually - I'm in the middle of doing all of the carpet in the 911. It looks like this right now:

DSC01518.jpg

DSC01519.jpg

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heck with the 911's Im going 356 :P My grandfather has one that needs to be put together and I can't wait to get my hands on the gorgeous car!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Yes thats just what I was talking about...RMS isnt catastrophic...its fixable, and usually doesnt cost much to fix. IMS is another thing altogether. Both my cars were Early M96's so maybe thats why I didnt have those issues...and yes those repair costs for the 993 were what I was talking about. THOUSANDS for what seem like small jobs. Again, price an engine rebuild. M96 engines can be bought from the dealer for under 10K and yes they can be rebuilt for under 6k from Motor Meister (not vouching for them and I have never used them...they are advertising rebuilding M96s for that price). Now as it compares to a 2002....yes the 2002 is much more DIRECT...but my C4 Cab was sooooooo fast! cary fast. The Bilstein PSS 9 coilovers made it candle like it was a slot car. All while being comfortable enough to drive daily. Sold the car at 150k to a guy in Alaska...his wife flew down gave me the cash, drove it from SoCal to Seattle and then put it on a ship for Alaska. WOW...thats love. Drive a lowered sports car on 19s and coilovers from SoCal to Seattle?

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Guest Anonymous
hey, can you compare your SC to your 2002? i'm contemplating selling my 2002 for a 993.

How does a Ferrari compare to an 02? I want a Ferrari.

my accountant has a 355f1.. the drivers window quit rolling up which he's probably rolled the windows down 6 times since he's owned it.. new regulator from ferrari was $1673.

I don't want one that bad.

hey, can you compare your SC to your 2002? i'm contemplating selling my 2002 for a 993.

How does a Ferrari compare to an 02? I want a Ferrari.

my accountant has a 355f1.. the drivers window quit rolling up which he's probably rolled the windows down 6 times since he's owned it.. new regulator from ferrari was $1673.

I don't want one that bad.

if you can afford to own and drive a 355F1, repair costs should be of no worry.

funny, i was talking to a guy at a hand car wash who was driving a bathtub porsche. he knew nothing about the history of porsche or even the car he owned. sad. but i guess at least he has one and can afford one. it was a beautiful car.

PREVIOUS:

1979 Jeep Cherokee

1980 VW Scirocco

1983 Porsche 944

1986 BMW 325i

1999 VW GTI VR6

2000 BMW 323

2000 Porsche Boxster

2001 BMW X5

2003 Porsche 911

2003 Mini Cooper S

2005 BMW Z4

1974 BMW 2002

Current:

1995 BMW M3

2003 Infiniti FX35

Heck with the 911's Im going 356 :P My grandfather has one that needs to be put together and I can't wait to get my hands on the gorgeous car!

NOW you are talking BIG money. I love them but they are $$$.

Dont remind me on the $ part... It's gonna get a built 2.0 bug engine since it's original is long gone along with a few tasteful suspension upgrades but the interior will be stock and I believe red paint on a tan interior/tan top. Gonna be a beautiful car!

-Nathan

• 2 weeks later...

Dont remind me on the $ part... It's gonna get a built 2.0 bug engine since it's original is long gone along with a few tasteful suspension upgrades but the interior will be stock and I believe red paint on a tan interior/tan top. Gonna be a beautiful car!

I am envious of your position - congrats!

Please post some pics of the car in the off-topic section when you get a chance. Sounds like a good story for a future Tom Cotter "in the barn" series book.

If you put 2.0 Beetle engine in the 356, you might have to change the VW flywheel, especially if the Porsche is still a 6-volt (pre-67 I think). There is one aftermarket company selling smaller diameter generators that are 12 Volt but look like the early 6-volt ones.

Or maybe try to find a 4-cam Carrera engine!

pics103009025.jpg

pics103009027.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I am envious of your position - congrats!

Please post some pics of the car in the off-topic section when you get a chance. Sounds like a good story for a future Tom Cotter "in the barn" series book.

If you put 2.0 Beetle engine in the 356, you might have to change the VW flywheel, especially if the Porsche is still a 6-volt (pre-67 I think). There is one aftermarket company selling smaller diameter generators that are 12 Volt but look like the early 6-volt ones.

Or maybe try to find a 4-cam Carrera engine!

pics103009025.jpg

pics103009027.jpg

I definitely will post pics! Gonna be a few more years till I can tear into it though. It's going to my mom but my grandpa hasn't let it go yet. If I get some cash though he will sell it in family and I may go for it. But I do like where you're going with the 12 volt generator, I forgot that it is going to be 6 volt. It will be changed over mainly because it's gonna be MUCH easier to do deal with in the long run.

-Nathan