• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Heist.

heist

Not much going on with the actual car.... been doing a lot of photoshops and evaluating though.

This is my goal for the wheels.

145696d1321812736-heists-bmw-2002-build-heistsbmw.jpg

Black face should give the illusion of the wheels being smaller. The copper lips will maintain the depth so I'm really aiming for this end result.

Also been trying to do some research to understand the geometry of the shocks. I may lift both the front and rear towers and move them towards the center of the car at a slightly steeper slope.

Should be a lot of cutting and slicing in a few weeks. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff bro. I started my tear down today. I should be starting my build thread. What did you use to strip the inside of your trunk??

NEED HELP WITH WEB STUFF!!! PLEASE HELP!!

Bern

"If ur not scraping, ur not low enough" dumpedDAILY

--------

02 BMW M3 SMG - R.I.P.

99 BMW 540it - Wife's car

73 BMW 2002 - SR2002

08 BMW X5 4.8i - Wife/family car

I just used paint stripper that I got at home depot. Comes in a gallon I use it on everything.

winter break. 5 or so weeks to get this rolling. enjoy.

359.jpg

360.jpg

I'm getting new shock mounts fabricated tomorrow, but I should be able to run like this no problem (as far as wheel making contact with trailing arm and coil.

~3mm spacer on

362.jpg

363.jpg

364.jpg

365.jpg

no spacer.

366.jpg

361.jpg

well after about 30 seconds of thought I purchased this today.

Honda S2000 F20C1. Probably my best christmas gift to myself...ever/

367.jpg

Day 2

368.jpg

The engine is not going in for awhile, but now I have time to accumulate parts that I need and build off the base so I'm rather happy.

Been going hard in the paint I managed to get 90% of the fenders properly stripped and ready for primer.

I wish I would have saved all of the material removed, had to be around 40lbs. Now I can stop the rust and fill a couple holes. Anyways some photos:

369.jpg

370.jpg

371.jpg

372.jpg

373.jpg

374.jpg

Finally started on my braces today. Also my POR15 trunk :)

375.jpg

376.jpg

377.jpg

Fits very snug, actually had to hammer it in. I'm working with basic hand tools so perfect is out of the question.

378.jpg

As you can see my welding skills are as good as a first grader, but I'm getting decent penetration so it should be sufficient.

379.jpg

380.jpg