• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

where to mount MSD stuff

gwb72tii

My MSD-6A is mounted along that same side inner fender, right below and in front of the strut tower. (Mounted using spacers to account for the non-flat fender shape.) My MSD Blaster 2 coil is mounted closer up to the firewall on the same inner fender. And my MSD Tach Adapter right next to the coil, mounted on the firewall, beside the dizzy.

Others have reported locating the main MSD unit inside the passenger compartment up under the dash, or in the empty area behind firewall by heater fan. Lots of possibilities - as long as it's relatively dry and away from excessive heat.

Tom

My02-Engine-wide_sml.jpg

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

upside- down in the glove box.

Not in the engine bay, for maximum life...

t

Underneath the glove box is where i just installed mine.

I went with the Streetfire until - easy install and no need to any modifcation to the tach.

IMG_1948.jpg

George,

let me know if you have any questions

Colin K.

Malaga '72 tii

• Administrators

keep it away from heat. I had mine sitting under the passenger seat :). You just need to route the wires neatly so they to not get kicked too much by the passengers who are trying to hold on for their deal life with their arms and legs.

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store