• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installed the Synchronous Link, Weber 32/36

ryansti

..same thing ~ set with strobe light set to ZERO at 1500 rpm

leave it there forever - never change the timing again.

especially while your changing any jets and feeling

for changes/improvements with Butt-o-meter-dyno

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

ryan - you started with :

..."am playing around with the jets.

First try was the setup posted in FAQ

Main 140 / 170

Air 145/ 175

Idle .60 / .55

Low end felt great but

over 4000rpm kinda felt sluggish like to much fuel. "

you should've plugged the secondary side "ENRICHMENT

PASSAGE" AND i THINK YOU WOULD BE SMILING NOW.

see below -

try this this weekend :

Float Level 40mm

PRIMARY

idle 60

main 140

air correction 145

SECONDARY

idle 55

main 170

air correction 175

AND -PLUG THE SECONDARY ENRICHMENT HOLE AT THE TOP OF THE CARB AS MY DIAGRAM SHOWS . JUST DO IT AND SEE THE HUGE DIFFERANCE IN ACCURATE FUEL METERING THROUGH OUT ALL RPM AND THROTTLE OPENINGS

Today I tried it...

Float Level 35mm and 51mm

PRIMARY

idle 60

main 140

air correction 145

SECONDARY

idle 55

main 170

air correction 175

AND -PLUG THE SECONDARY ENRICHMENT HOLE

I did it with and without the hole plugged, I also tried both 55 & 50 secondary idle jets. Car feels very very sluggish at 3000+ rpm's

So I went back to the old setup and it runs great. I just don't think the sync-link does well with that setup.

70 BMW 1600 Malaga & Nevada

And a bunch of other old junk

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread here but I had some questions I was hoping to get some help with.  I tried searching and none of the old threads really answered these questions.

-Has anyone determined which emulsion tubes work best with the sync link installed?  Pierce is telling me f50 for both sides on a stock 32/36, I wasn't sure if this was true for the carb with the sync link installed

-Has anyone determined if the secondary enrichment tube should be plugged with the sync link installed?  If so, has anyone figured out a good removable plug?  I'm concerned about gooping it up with epoxy.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven´t figured anything out since I haven´t installed my sync link yet, but ryansti seems to have made it work:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/102031-installed-the-synchronous-link-weber-3236/

And now I noticed this is the same thread..=)

Edited by GreenSwede

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------
1975 Taiga Euro 2002 3685483 - Weber 38/38 DGMS - Pertronix Ignitor - H&R Cup Kit - TEP headers and Simons 2" sport exhaust - 3.91 LSD.

Ryan's prescription is a good one and I started out with it. I bought some new different jets for the primary idle: .57, .55,.52,.50. 60 was to rich. The car runs just right with the .52. It's stock with no other mods other then IEs exhaust manifold. Car runs great with this setup with no heavy unburied hydrocarbon smell in the cabin. One problem I keep having is fuel spill on top of the manifold. I have a plastic float and I set the level to 40 but still getting leakage from the vent. Carb has new needle jet and was completely gone through. This has me kind of baffled.

Mike K

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Matt,

When you say you moved the fuel line, which portion did you move?  The section from the firewall to the fuel pump?  Thats the only section near engine.  I guess the fuel expands as it soaks heat from stopped engine and overflows the bowl through the vent onto the manifold.  This may very well be.  Besides the fuel spillage another side effect from this is a little problem with getting the engine to kick right off.  It seems as if some fuel is spilling into the manifold causing a slight flooding situation.  If I hold the throttle half way for a second or two she'll start well enough but you can tell it takes about 30 seconds of running to clear its throat but then settles into a nice idle.  In the morning when its cold it starts almost instantly and settles right into a nice idle immediately.

I have not tried plugging the secondary enrichment hole as per CD's instruction.  I am trusting Ryan on this one as he said he has tried it with no improvement.  I wondered if plugging it might keep fuel from getting into the manifold when the engine heats the fuel up.

I even tried raising the float level a little higher then 40mm to keep the fuel lower in the bowl, but this resulted in the engine running lousy as the engine sounded like it was starving for fuel.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Yeah I cable tied the line so that it hugged the fire wall as much as possible and was as high up as possible. I still have the overflow problem, just can't figure it out. I haven't had any idle issues. Thanks for the info on the jetting, I have a few other things to sort out before I pick up the sync link but from the sound of it, it sounds like everyone is enjoying theirs.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/17/2013 at 8:21 AM, MattnFL said:

-Has anyone determined which emulsion tubes work best with the sync link installed?  Pierce is telling me f50 for both sides on a stock 32/36, I wasn't sure if this was true for the carb with the sync link installed

-Has anyone determined if the secondary enrichment tube should be plugged with the sync link installed?  If so, has anyone figured out a good removable plug?  I'm concerned about gooping it up with epoxy.

I never found an answer to either of MattnFL's questions. I would love to know the same:

1) which emulsion tubes (f50 in both)?

2) good method to easily & reversibly plug secondary enrichment orifice?

thank!

Mark