• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cibie Super Oscars look "tired" missing parts?

theres a cup shaped collar that goes between the swivel and the bumper. if you had a pic of the mounting stem i could tell you whats missing

I'll go out and get a pic now, thanks Blunt! From pics I've seen online, its the collar that is missing. Can you get me a pair???? Pics otw.

post-15395-1366762658441_thumb.jpg

post-15395-13667626585347_thumb.jpg

post-15395-13667626586291_thumb.jpg

'73 2002

'00 M5

You are missing the round bowl washer which allows 360 degree movement

You should also think about a set of Cibie stable bars or those big old lights will create a disco effect as you drive down the road

ACScibSB.jpg

http://www.alfacybersite.com/ACSCibCt.html

With my setup I used a rubber washer between the post and the top of the bumper to isolate any vibrations (and potential rattles).

833818467_A6bG8-L.jpg

70 M2 2.5L 

yes thats whats missing. I dont have access to Cibie stuff. I have another set of super oscars in storage I could send just the collars and you could fab some. It wouldnt be hard to make some out of pipe stock. you just need to get the dish cut right. But Id need my pieces back after you fabbed something. Another option would be to contact CIBIE I guess

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Kris,

I thought about getting the stabilizer bars as well. How do they mount inside the grille? I tried figuring out looking at pics, but I'm just not sure how they mount. The stabilizer bars seem to have matching ends. Would I have to make a bracket or something??

'73 2002

'00 M5

yes thats whats missing. I dont have access to Cibie stuff. I have another set of super oscars in storage I could send just the collars and you could fab some. It wouldnt be hard to make some out of pipe stock. you just need to get the dish cut right. But Id need my pieces back after you fabbed something. Another option would be to contact CIBIE I guess

I'll email you, thanks!

'73 2002

'00 M5

a proper sized fender washer (small center hole, large OD) and cupping it by placing it over a 1/2" drive socket that's a little smaller than the washer's OD and dishing it by striking it with a ball pein hammer. You might have to re-drill the center hole when you're done, but I'll bet it would work.

Or find a Cibie dealer (Susquehanna Motorsports) and see if the washer is available separately.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Kris,

I thought about getting the stabilizer bars as well. How do they mount inside the grille? I tried figuring out looking at pics, but I'm just not sure how they mount. The stabilizer bars seem to have matching ends. Would I have to make a bracket or something??

You pick a horizontal surface on the nose under the hood and drill a hole. So after my Stable bars clear the grilles they bend up towards the sky. They are fully threaded so you just bend and cut to size. They come with all the hardware you need.

I take no credit for the idea for them, it was Blunt that showed me the way, he knows his way around huge lights.

70 M2 2.5L 

a proper sized fender washer (small center hole, large OD) and cupping it by placing it over a 1/2" drive socket that's a little smaller than the washer's OD and dishing it by striking it with a ball pein hammer. You might have to re-drill the center hole when you're done, but I'll bet it would work.

Or find a Cibie dealer (Susquehanna Motorsports) and see if the washer is available separately.

mike

Thanks, I ordered stuff from them before and they were great. They don't do Cibie, but I emailed Daniel Stern Lighting.

'73 2002

'00 M5

You know, this happens quite a bit to many an older gal that's been around the block a few times. With the proper support, you'll be amazed at how perky they really can be.

-=Ben

From the BBC show Benny Hill: New German bra's called "schtoppem from floppen".

John - those lights are huge for that tiny bumper. As above, you need some additional support/stabilization.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Hey Littlejohn,

just wondering how heavy they are? I love the look of the yellow lights but they look huge, my plan was to try to get a set of these brackets Front1.jpg

do you think they'd be too heavy? I'd be devastated if they bent my grills MORE than they already are.

*here's the link for the brackets* http://home.roadrunner.com/~pchamaa/2002_auxilliary_lamp_brackets.htm

The Kopper Kaiser

Photobucket

You know, this happens quite a bit to many an older gal that's been around the block a few times. With the proper support, you'll be amazed at how perky they really can be.

-=Ben

From the BBC show Benny Hill: New German bra's called "schtoppem from floppen".

John - those lights are huge for that tiny bumper. As above, you need some additional support/stabilization.

lol, you got that right! They are big because I like lights! Installed the HID kit into some new Hella headlights the other day, but I wasn't getting a solid 12V at the ballast. I find that they won't work out so well without further mod. I also committed to a set of the led taillights recently posted here. I'll have to show you the car in a couple weeks. I'm almost done the interior as well.

Tony, I got a set of those brackets from Pierre. The lights were too close to the grille. :(

'73 2002

'00 M5