• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

who's is this... what is this?

robsanab

Laurence"s set up is a 84 not 85. Some very minor differences. I have the 85 set up. Idle control valve does not have adjustment screw as the 84 does. Also the fuel pump I use (and Laurence) is a late model e30 (88 up) and it drops right into the tank with accurate float meter. L jet not very tun able but I have made some changes to the system to work with a 2.0 litre and running a 73 motor and head I can hang with tii's.

hth

Doug M NY country.

post-611-13667626379486_thumb.jpg

L jet not very tun able but I have made some changes to the system to work with a 2.0 litre and running a 73 motor and head I can hang with tii's.

hth

Doug M NY country.

Based on the caravan to the 2008 V@V, I can confirm Doug's car is very fast ;-).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Ok thanks for the correction. I have a 84 and 85 parts mixed, in my 74 tii. I had to make some adjustments to the air flow meter to fine tune the system to match the hi-comp tii engine w/ 292 cam. I am not using any oxy censor, nor the barometric pressure device, so it leans out a little on high altitudes. Otherwise, it works like a charm and didn't miss the old MFI system based on KF pump. I get better mileage too. And, I kept the original tii fuel pump but relayed (and fused) it using the 318i's 7 prong relay.

How did you guys handle the wiring harness from your 318 donor?

I have a complete harness and matching ECU (Jetronic from an early 85 318i) and i am wondering if i should pull the whole thing apart, and sift through only the necessary wires, and then re-wrap it once i have an idea where everything will be routed.

Also... i currently have an ireland eng distributor with the electronic sensor in my 02.

will i be OK with that or should i try to get a 318 cam from a 318 head and put that in my 02 head to drive the 318 distributor?

who knows when i will actually start the conversion... but i am studying up, and getting as many parts and tips as i can.

-josh

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido