• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

post Import Carlisle Penn report :

WHAT DAHELL HAPPENED TO ALL THE O2'S ?

4 ...6 SHOWED UP ?

club AUDI was camping together, rocking, smoking,

taking tours around the city. showing off their waste-gates,

flaunting EURO headlights - big numbers

club SAAB had a D.J. with smoke pouring out of

the sound system Friday nite! HUGE HUGE smoking

Barb-B-Q fired up Saturday morning for lunch feast

= it was a regular nordic orgy! ....rebuilding drivers seats

on the grass, praising the Spyker (sp) Gods for

bailing SAAB bacon from extinction - huge numbers!

40+ FRENCH cars from far away places like Canada

enjoyed bagettes, S-cargo - barn rescued (Connecticut)

1924 CITROEN, up to Renault R5 Turbo

grabbed great attention - enough cars to evacuate Dunkirk!

DO NOT USE THE W R O N G Hydraulic fluid!!

The BRITS? - well who bothers to look over in their field?

Even the dune buggy crowd outnumbered the 02/E21 's ?

Thanks to everyone who helped me return home

with 4 empty cases. My stuff is now your stuff, enjoy

there was a day when 02's outnumbered 'classic' saabs ?

I hope the 02 clan is saving it for V@V ?

guess this will never happen again - SAD

I had a great time seeing old friends,

and meeting new ones.

THIS was NOT yesterday

ImportCarlisle02overview.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

I think I've become spoiled by going to the "everything" Carlisle shows where the whole place is full of stuff.

This year was my first import show and it was small (in comparison to what I'm used to at the other shows).

How small was it you ask?

It was SOOO small, that my shadow had to wait outside the gate until I was done.

(insert drum roll)

It was SOOO small, that when I walked through the gate, I accidentally bumped into a molecule.

(another drum roll)

I did end up finding some good stuff though. I found a set of 40mm Webers with Sprint filters (Alfa), some Tii stuff, early valve cover and misc other BMW and VW stuff.

Webers....

post-66-13667626013357_thumb.jpg

post-66-13667626015112_thumb.jpg

post-66-13667626016095_thumb.jpg

Fishhead

----------------------

Motorcycle Big Brake systems

Be yourself and be free with your thoughts because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter..

C.D. -

I'll put Carlisle on my calendar for next year. Time and money is tight this year.

On the other hand - do you think you can come down for a future V@V in NC? It's a beautiful winery with 300+ Bimmers, great driving roads and the chance to meet more friends. You can fly into Greensboro, NC or even to a D.C. airport and ride with us.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

thanks for the invite - I would if i were closer (pass the cheese

for my whine)

C.d. not about to fly to V@V, DC, or SC/NC anytime soon

next show for me 6/6/10 Auburn Mass britbike day

(brit bikes are alright - it's the brit cars that make me itch)

thanks for the invite - I would if i were closer (pass the cheese

for my whine)

C.d. not about to fly to V@V, DC, or SC/NC anytime soon

Ok - but you could work on my wife's M-B while in the area. See you another time (probably in PA).

Jim Gerock

what year/model M-B ? ..........

anyone have/know where i can buy one of these ?

Citroen H van:

hyzy.jpg

hy70s.jpg

300px-Citroen_H_Van_1.jpg

.............or the tiny 2CV truckette ?

2002 C240 sedan with 115K miles. Taking it in for the "B" service on Wednesday.

Funny you ask about the Citroen panel truck. David Lane has a really nice one on display at the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville, TN.

pics4212010046.jpg

Jim Gerock

I was there for the first time with my '02 making its public car-show debut. Met a couple of nice folks and stopped by c.d. iesel's stand under the grandstand. Here's a pic of my car (the Nevada) nest to a couple of others.

I want to drive to V@V, but can't work it into my schedule this year. Maybe next.

Kurt

post-232-13667626020909_thumb.jpg

'72 Nevada (as yet un-named)

even though Carlisle is 1/3rd the distance. Get to gather with marque-specific friends farther flung for a bit more time, and I haven't encountered the rain that makes a regular appearance at Carlisle.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I had entered my 02 a few months ago, but had to switch cars after the original (1972) collector pipe developed a crack last Monday and I couldn't get parts in time to replace it. I had planned to replace that pipe before it could cause me any grief, but it got me before I got it :(

I drove my 356, instead (the only real 356 there this weekend!). I started to stop by your tent, early Saturday morning, but got a call from one of my Brit car buddies requesting me to come over right away and that's the last time I was around that part of the show field until Saturday evening.

I agree that the 02 participation was a big disappointment. The show is growing every year, as the parts swap meet declines due to eBay (and I HATE to buy used parts on eBay).

Still, I find Import Carlisle to be well worth attending each year (I've been attending for 20 years or so). I like the size of the event, since I HATE big crowds. The Import Carlisle crowd is always, well, not crowded and generally friendly and well-behaved.

Biggest complaint I had about the car show part, this year, was the music. Besides it being TOO G-D LOUD (SAAB Club & live band provided by Carlisle Productions), people need to understand that not everyone likes this particular type of music or that and no one should impose THEIR music on others. In the British car area (which was right in front of the band stand), it was soo loud you couldn't carry on a conversation half of the time. I know there are going to be a lot of complaints from show participants about the loud music.

As far as the cars in the show went, I enjoyed seeing all of them there. No, I don't care at all for Japanese cars, or kit cars, but I was really glad to see them all there. And I LOVE the British cars! With all of the potential for increasing government regulation, we need to keep in mind that there truly is safety in numbers. ALL "car guys" need to stick together and support each other against any legislation which infringes on our right to enjoy our cars as we see fit.

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

I had entered my 02 a few months ago, but had to switch cars after the original (1972) collector pipe developed a crack last Monday and I couldn't get parts in time to replace it. I had planned to replace that pipe before it could cause me any grief, but it got me before I got it :(

I drove my 356, instead (the only real 356 there this weekend!). I started to stop by your tent, early Saturday morning, but got a call from one of my Brit car buddies requesting me to come over right away and that's the last time I was around that part of the show field until Saturday evening.

I agree that the 02 participation was a big disappointment. The show is growing every year, as the parts swap meet declines due to eBay (and I HATE to buy used parts on eBay).

Still, I find Import Carlisle to be well worth attending each year (I've been attending for 20 years or so). I like the size of the event, since I HATE big crowds. The Import Carlisle crowd is always, well, not crowded and generally friendly and well-behaved.

Biggest complaint I had about the car show part, this year, was the music. Besides it being TOO G-D LOUD (SAAB Club & live band provided by Carlisle Productions), people need to understand that not everyone likes this particular type of music or that and no one should impose THEIR music on others. In the British car area (which was right in front of the band stand), it was soo loud you couldn't carry on a conversation half of the time. I know there are going to be a lot of complaints from show participants about the loud music.

As far as the cars in the show went, I enjoyed seeing all of them there. No, I don't care at all for Japanese cars, or kit cars, but I was really glad to see them all there. And I LOVE the British cars! With all of the potential for increasing government regulation, we need to keep in mind that there truly is safety in numbers. ALL "car guys" need to stick together and support each other against any legislation which infringes on our right to enjoy our cars as we see fit.

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

sunday was worse, C.D.!!!

i was the sole 02 on the field on sunday morning. daniel showed up to keep my 02 company, but pretty much everyone had left by sunday. i think the weather wasn't helping. we shoulda come up on saturday but the timing wasn't right and i had family with me too.

but, had a great drive back home to VA. the sun came out, no traffic on the back roads. beauty.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

CD,

I was there with my son and we talked at your booth. I agree, on Saturday I think there were only about 7 2002s, pretty lame. I mostly hung with the Citroen folks even though my DS21 was in the shop.

Trivia note : I knew Citroen SMs could be ordered with optional carbon fiber rims back in the 70s - and the SM guy that was there said the last set he saw on Ebay went to $17,000.... big bucks for a set of rims.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

73 tii (Verona, survivor, owned since '92)

66 DS21 (most technologically advanced car of the 20th Century)