• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FEELER 1600-2002 "COLORS" Print - Input Please

RayC911

The original "colors" print has been NLA forever and I've never even seen one here or on ebay for sale. I've been thinking of redoing it for a while now so I had custom artwork made and I'm very happy with the way the it came out. The poster would have 30 cars so that's the limit for the colors. I've excluded the rarer colors, mostly from the 1502s. Below is the list I've come up with. Let me know if any of the names are mis-spelled or if you have a color you would like added. Also, I'll be calling the print something else, maybe "Patina" or "Shades". I'm not 100% sure if there are still any demand so feedback is appreciated. If I do not do the print, I may use the art for a tee another day. thanks for the input

Pics on my Blog http://elefantsupply.com/

1. Agave

2. Atlantikblau

3. Baikal

4. Bristol

5. Caribe

6. Chamonix

7. Colorado

8. Ceylon

9. Fjord

10. Florida

11. Golf

12. Granada

13. Inka

14. Jadegrün

15. Malaga

16. Manila

17. Mintgrün

18. Nevada

19. Pastellblau

20. Polaris

21. Riviera

22. Sahara

23. Schwarz

24. Siennabraun

25. Taiga

26. Tampico

27. Tundra

28. Turf

29. Türkis

30. Verona

edit:color corrections updated

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

1. Agave

2. Atlantikblau

3. Baikal

4. Bristol

5. Caribe

6. Chamonix

7. Colorado

8. Cylon or Ceylon

9. Fjord

10. Florida

11. Golf

12. Granada

13. Inka

14. Jadegrün

15. Malaga

16. Manila

17. Mintgrün

18. Nevada

19. Pastellblau

20. Polaris

21. Riviera

22. Sahara

23. Schwarz

24. Siennabraun

25. Taiga

26. Tampico

27. Tundra

28. Turf

29. Türkis

30. Verona

i corrected the "Umlaute" - mostly ü's and deleted the "t" in Schwarz - oh and the Atlantikblau missed a t

Just an FYI; if you have trouble using the umlauted characters, putting an "e" afterwards (i.e. ue instead of ü) is an equivalent. Also, if you're sticking with traditional German spelling, the end of words with "ss" would use a character called the esset (looks like a b -> ß, ex. Alpinweiß)

i corrected the "Umlaute" - mostly ü's and deleted the "t" in Schwarz - oh and the Atlantikblau missed a t
Just an FYI; if you have trouble using the umlauted characters, putting an "e" afterwards (i.e. ue instead of ü) is an equivalent. Also, if you're sticking with traditional German spelling, the end of words with "ss" would use a character called the esset (looks like a b -> ß, ex. Alpinweiß)

Thanks!

Will there be a Legend so we know which color is shown on each car. I suspect some on this board could identify each car without a mistake, but I'm a little fuzzy on some of the more esoteric colors.

Bob Napier

Bob,

I'm going to have the names under each colored 02. The challenge will be making the colors as close to the original as much as possible. Monitors and actual print colors varies. I never realized there were so many colors and in very similar shades, especially the blues.

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

Also, if you're sticking with traditional German spelling, the end of words with "ss" would use a character called the esset (looks like a b -> ß, ex. Alpinweiß)

It's not as easy as that anymore, thanks to german polititians and schoolteachers. Theres was a "Rechtschreibreform" that should have made things easier but fucked the whole thing up a bit. Mostly regarding word combinations and foreign words, that found their way into the regular german vocbulary. consensus now is, that the old and the new writing is correct :screwy:

Fact is, that the double-s stays a ss when the sound that's before the ss is short, like in "dass" - the "a" is short. But like in weeeiiiß it's a long "letter" - weiss however still is correct and mostly used nowadays. But the historic correct writing is Alpinweiß, you're correct there. :)

I Just checked it out its pretty nice count me in for one too.

Jb

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

Put me on the list for one too.

Bart

71, flat black

Beat to fit, paint to match.

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

"Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan