• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Illinois 3200cs, Any know who it belongs to?

This 3200cs was at the Rolex Vintage event at Lime Rock Park in 2004. Does anyone know who it belongs to and how to get in touch with the owner?

I have an e-mail to Goetz Phalin too?

3200cs.jpg

3200cs5.jpg

3200cs4.jpg

3200cs3.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Owner : Don

Year/Model : 1965 BMW 3200CS Coupe (VIN # : 76528)

About this restoration : We built this car some time ago (after rescuing her from a junk yard) and she has won first place in every Concours she has been entered in. This example is probably the finest in the world and is very rare as only 603 were made. This beautiful piece of BMW history is for sale and was last seen at the 2004 BMW Oktoberfest in Pasadena, California. Call Don for details.

01%5B3%5D.jpg

02%5B4%5D.jpg

03%5B2%5D.jpg

04%5B3%5D.jpg

05%5B1%5D.jpg

06%5B3%5D.jpg

--> 1968 2002 <--

Bill,

Don has since retired and sold The Werkshop to his son-in-law, Mike. Don is probably happily living on his big sailboat now, but Mike should be able to answer any questions. 847 295-3200 They show 2 503 cabs for sale if you're itchin' for a new project!

David in Nashville

It looks to be the same car that was in the Crevier BMW Classics collection and sold a year or two ago to another owner. That car was dark blue as well and I believe it was Atlantik.

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

Bill,

I may be wrong but this might have been at one of the the R&M auctions about 1.5 years ago.It looks identical,again not positive.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Bill,

I know Don Dethlefsen well, it was his car. Hee sold it at auction about 1.5 years ago.

FYI - Don is still active at the Werkshop, mostly heading up the resto projects. His Son in Law Mike runs the repair shop.

IF you have questions about the car, just drop Don an email. You can fins his email addy on the werk shop's website.

Cheers,

Martin

1972 "Canadian spec" Polaris 2000tii Touring

1969 Chamonix 2000 A

Don was kind to respond to my e-mail. His repsonse:

Hi Bill,

This is the car I restored some years ago. Indeed, you did see it at Lime Rock, I lent the car to Larry Koch for the BMW NA exhibit at the Lime Rock Vintage Fall Festival.

I then sold it at an RM Auction in Scottsdale and a fellow from Southern California, who owned many Vespa dealerships, was the buyer.

A few years later he sold the car to Donnie Crevier, the owner of Crevier BMW in Santa Ana, Calif. It now rests in their BMW Museum located in the basement of a multi-story parking garage.

Donnie is a hard fellow to contact. You would do best to go through his “right hand man” Tom Clark.

This 3200CS was featured in Roundel shortly after I finished the restoration, see August, 2001. My wife took many great photos (slides) of this car and still has them in her files.

Let me know if you need anything else.

A great project and a great car, still have many fond memories.

Don

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

I knew that car looked familiar,RM really is a premire auction house .They have a 328 on line for their next auction in Monoco.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.