• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do on your BMW today? Spring is here

dlmrun2002

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

removed cluster, flagged speedo cable, measured cable revolutions per 1/100ths of a mile, packed up speedo for shipping to nhs, put in random speedo to have one, and drove it to work. what fun!

btw...with 3.91 diff and 195/50 15's, the rotations per 1/100th of a mile is 14.25 if you need to get your speedo calibrated with this combo.

oh, and the new owner of my 73 came and took it away. down to just one 2002 now.

2xM3

I drove it for about 45 minutes - no work! And it's dirty. It has dirt on it, and it drives me nuts, but it was too cold to wash it, and I was too lazy. Tomorrow it will get a bath & lots of attention.

Does anyone else notice that cops twist their necks, to check out our cars? I sware, 75% of the cops I pass, check my car out. And it always freaks me out thinking I'm going to fast... which I usually am.

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

NICE CAR Burleigh.....

dlm ny.... BMW lawn mower owner

Thanks! Nice mower... Did that emblem add another .2 or .5 HP??? LOL! I'll bet you get the job done in half the time now!

Yeah, I always get looks from the cops no matter what I'm driving.. Mainly due to the excessive lead in my foot though!

You bet it did Brad!

ClockWise MotorSports

'69 '02 Rat Rod O=00=O

'62 Chevy C10 w/SS 327

'63 Datsun 1200 pickup

'71 Datsun 510 Race Car

'70 Datsun Roadster

'78 Kawasaki KZ650 Street Cafe project

2010 Subby Forester (grocery getter)

Replaced the clutch not to long ago, Weber 32/36 tuning, fixed my exhaust rattle temporarily (until I get an ANSA and a Stahl!), also took it for a very short drive of 2 miles today...

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Installed the FAQ strut stabalizer, bought a new Sony Stereo with bluetooth. Nice new speakers, got the fronts installed, installing the rears tomorrow. Sounds killer so far. Upgrading from the 80s model 13w cassette playing crap it came with.

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Took off front wheels to check the pads. Pads don't need replacing for a while. I measured the rotors and know that they will be too thin to be turned when the time comes to replace the pads.

Drove it a ton. I'm jinxing myself by writing this, but I am amazed at how well the car is running (and reliably too). I have put sooo much time and money into it, and it is finally becoming the '02 I want it to be.

Now, I just need new window seals, paint, trim, and recovered seats... :-)

Bryan

Current: '74 tii; '05 Audi S4; '10 Triumph Scrambler; '07 Mini Cooper S convertible

Former: '11 Infiniti G37s; '10 370Z; '85 911 coupe; '01 Audi S4; '84 VW GTI; '70 VW Karmann Ghia convertible; '76 Datsun Z