• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW opening Classic Center - But not in US

Not Yet...

Ralf Vierlein said, "We are planning to set up a Classic Center in the USA with its own spare-parts supply for professional and private customers."

J Swift
Global Formula Racing (Oregon State University)

1972 Opel GT "Mae"

This is a huge part of why I dig classic BMW's. My last car was a classic (not really) 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro, which is an amazing car, it's cool looking and a classic, and it's quattro, but there's no model or dealer support for a car of that age. My 71 has less NLA than the quattro, a car 20 years it's junior.

The Kopper Kaiser

Photobucket

Just a kid with a mig welder, body hammer, dusty garage and a head full of crazy dreams.

Last count in the middle of the week was 32 2002's here (all projects, big and small (service work) parts cars, etc)

Thanks for the story Bill.

Matt McGinn

Sports Car Restoration

www.sports-car-restoration.com

1974 2002 turbo 4290909, resto project, looking for parts

89 M50'd e30

72 Alfa GT Veloce

84 M491 911

68 1600 channeled and flared project

70 2002 flared car project

Here's the press release right from BMW. A classic center will be opening in the US at some point. My guess is somewhere in CA near the area where M-B Classic is.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/pressclub/p/pcgl/pressDetail.html?outputChannelId=6&id=T0079236EN&left_menu_item=node__2387

1972 "Canadian spec" Polaris 2000tii Touring

1969 Chamonix 2000 A

Glad to see BMW's getting serious about the older cars (again). I wonder where they will set-up shop....

MB opened their Classic Center in Irvine, CA about 4 - 5 years ago and they regularly bring cars out to Cars & Coffee on Saturdays.

http://www.mercedes-benz-classic.com/content/classic/mpc/mpc_classic_website/en/mpc_home/mbc/home/classic/classic_center_usa.html

Although MB Classic services are NOT cheap - they appear to be a strong advocate for the owners of older Mercs.

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

I wish BMW's step into a Classic Center would translate into parts availability and affordability for the rest of us.

hmm, that would be interesting, all parts prices coming down... and all NLA parts going back into production.

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Just a kid with a mig welder, body hammer, dusty garage and a head full of crazy dreams.

Last count in the middle of the week was 32 2002's here (all projects, big and small (service work) parts cars, etc)

Thanks for the story Bill.

Less bodywork done and only us two guys wrenchin' so far but I count 8 '02s at Sean Casey's today, seen as high as 15 at one time. :)

If the US branch happens to end up in Northern California..............

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20