• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

any word of wisdom ? M5

PatAllen

There is that car that poped off when i was doing some searches in NH craiglist...

http://burlington.craigslist.org/cto/1656782341.html

car seems to be super nice, clear title,...

the guy is in AZ

the car is in DAS in Miami, but it pops-out in the NH ads...

i contacted the guy and here is what he says:

Hello,

The price is $5600.

This car is a real 'head turner' and it will make you proud, it is in excellent condition,never been involved in accidents, 87,418 miles, VIN:WBSDE93411BZ98289 ,clean and clear title,no mechanical problems,no scratches,flaws or any kind of damage,all functional and it will need nothing in the near future.

I have the car sealed at DAS terminal in Miami, FL ready to be shipped out will take 4-5 days through DAS and it will be free,my previous buyer(his loan did not get approved)already paid for it and DAS didn't want to refund him the shipping fee. So you will not be charged for shipping!

I cannot meet face2face I have a new job in Tucson, AZ I would like to use Autotrader Vehicle Purchase to take care of this deal, smooth and safe. Let me know if you have any other questions, hope i didn't miss anything.

sounds to me like the biggest scam ever ?? cars like that worth 15k more here, no less.

at that price i would fly down to Miami and pick-it up personnaly and drive it back the Quebec...

I just want a M5 bad theses days...lol...

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

Agreed, total scam. I've seen a lot of ads for apartments like that here in Toronto.

Owner out of the country, usually on a religious mission. Place is always priced way below market value.. Says he will mail the keys after he receives the deposit cheque. Yeah, sure.

Come to think of it, a few months ago I replied to a Jag XKE ad, similar to that one, just for the fun of it. IIRC, I told her, please send me the car, and when I receive it, I will send you the money.

She didn't respond.

a '96 850 in pristine shape (according to the pictures) for $2995! The ad was in the auto parts section, and disappeared without a trace after a day...listed by "Annette."

Hope no one got stung by it.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

These *&^%$%# 'people' are smarter than the average dog.

My daughter is working on Nantucket and needs housing saw an ad in the Cape CL for a house being rented out by an absentee landlord who was doing 'the Lords work' in Nigeria as a missionary and, well, just wanted someone living in the house for $500 a month...

What did they do? They took a picture of a real house, in the village which, like most houses in the off-season was empty. So address, status is a match.

It was close. She changed her mind only after I called her for the 3rd time to tell her that her "good news" was a scam - while she was on the way to wire 3 months "rent" to that kindly old lady in Nigeria. She also made the mistake of giving her Verizon number to the Nigerian so the calls went on for several days afterwards still looking for the cash.

We may be suckers but these people are the scum of the earth. My best friends niece lost a 3 year old Audi to a "certified check" buyer who paid her $2k over blue book and "shared" half the cash on the spot.

Some people take them on quite nicely :

http://www.419eater.com/

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin

thanks for all the reply...

the guy replyed me back...

Here is how it works if you have never used Autotrader.

You send me your full name and your shipping address so I can initiate the transaction.Autotrader contacts you with further details regarding the payment and shipping process.You submit the payment to Autotrader, Autotrader confirms the payment and asks me to release the shipment.I ship the car which should be at your door within 5 business days.You have a 3 days inspection period before you confirm the deal and Autotrader forwards the payment to me or you cancel the deal and you get your money back and return the car free of charge.

Basicly Autotrader holds your money safe until you confirm that this car is what you have been expected and you want to buy it. It is not a sight unseen deal.

On the other hand I can ship my car knowing Autotrader has your money and you won't disappear with my bmw. We are both covered.Sorry for the long emails I have tried to touch all bases.

Thank you, Erin.

i didnt realy asked how Autotrader works...i gave up anyway, but can we get scamed with Autotrader too ??

are you aware of any nice period correct souped up 540i near ny/boston/nh/vt/maine ?

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp

Pat,

If you really want a low miles e28 M5, I have one for sale in Vancouver. It's more than $5600 though, and no free shipping. PM me if you are interested.

thanks, but no, i am looking at a e39 M5, 2000-2003...but i realise it is far from my initial budget so i am looking at a nice 540i...

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp