• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New front and rear seat belts demand inquiry

bluedevils

Anybody interested in NEW 3 point retractable front and rear seat belts? Blunt and I are in the process of testing some high quality 3 point front and rear seat belts. The rear set is especially important since it will replace the ancient and useless lap belts with high quality lap and shoulder belts. They will be installed on the parcel shelf/deck and utilize factory mounting locations, and come with matching 14" long webbing buckles with red press buttons, just like the originals. Prices are not determined yet but will probably be around $260-$280 range for a pair of seat belts ( front or rear each). Front set will be similar to NOS Repa or Autoflug sets to preserve period correct look. Volume is important for us to make a few bucks. Belts will be made here in US per my specifications using hi quality European and US parts. Let me know. Otherwise I won't proceed any further, have enough orders to refurbish NOS belts anyways. I have received several inquiries for a true 3-point seat belts for rears but I am not sure if there is real demand, or it is just a typical white noise. I will be testing some prototypes soon and let you know. In any case, these belts can be adapted to other Euro cars (MB, Porsche, VW, Alfa etc) and will sell at higher prices in the vintage Euro car market if we decide to go ahead with the production. There will be an initial offering of about 10 rear and front units each (10 pairs for rear, 10 pairs for front). Drive safely.

Yes, I would be interested....

Trying to find something that may work with my (copy) alpina bar to supplement stock restraints, so i can still fit 4 people as well.

Would plans include the older style mounting (not on b pillar) as well?

YES. Webbing will be slightly shorter for the older style (installing over the rear

ash tray/quarter panel) mounting.

Hey - what do I do about my '72 Klippans?

I am ready to reweb if that's what we need to do.

You have my email so lemme know thanks

post-2494-13667622408476_thumb.jpg

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin

Hey - what do I do about my '72 Klippans?

I am ready to reweb if that's what we need to do.

You have my email so lemme know thanks

They can be replaced by 3-point retractable belts that are installed using the existing mounting anchors as described in the above post.

I'd be interested in a single rear 3-point belt

Single? They are left and right oriented and come in pairs.

I would be interested in the same

only really need a right rear ( only 1 kid ) but would do both sides if required

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

Have you considered mounting the unsightly and bulky take up spool on the underside (trunk side) of the parcel shelf like modern cars do? The view from the top of the parcel shelf would be just a slit rather than that big lump. You'd need a piece of hardware with a slot in it to pass the belt webbing through and over but it would still be as strong, I believe. I'm working on that for my rear retractable 3-point belts, still away off, however.

Ceylon-squarie

Have you considered mounting the unsightly and bulky take up spool on the underside (trunk side) of the parcel shelf like modern cars do? The view from the top of the parcel shelf would be just a slit rather than that big lump. You'd need a piece of hardware with a slot in it to pass the belt webbing through and over but it would still be as strong, I believe. I'm working on that for my rear retractable 3-point belts, still away off, however.

Yes, and it is the best solution. But 1) as you said it needs cutting the parcel shelf, require trim pieces for the webbing slot, and not very many 02 owners would want to hack their original cars and make holes in the parcel shelf and original vinyl board, and 2) the proposed retractors are very compact, specially designed to be installed on the top of the rear shelf, 3.5" wide x 2.5" tall x 3.25 front to rear including the dust cover. Some cars came factory threaded holes on the parcel shelf close to C-pillar which can be used for the retractors.

• 5 months later...

Yes...I would be.

I replied the other day...but I noticed my reply did not show up (?)

I am beginning to restore a '71 Chamonix. A California car however initially imported into NY, very rust free and complete, needs interior. I previously completed a '69 2002 and a '74 3.0S. After a decade or so, it seems I have the itch to do it again and give me and my twin boyz a cool little car to cruz.

Safety in mind, a quality set of retractable seats belts (front and rear) are required. If you are still offering, Bluedevil? Black strapping is fine. How much?

Thanks

Bill

'73 Bavaria, '80 Land Rover Series 2a, '71 2002, '69 2002, '74 3.0s

Yes...I would be.

I replied the other day...but I noticed my reply did not show up (?)

I am beginning to restore a '71 Chamonix. A California car however initially imported into NY, very rust free and complete, needs interior. I previously completed a '69 2002 and a '74 3.0S. After a decade or so, it seems I have the itch to do it again and give me and my twin boyz a cool little car to cruz.

Safety in mind, a quality set of retractable seats belts (front and rear) are required. If you are still offering, Bluedevil? Black strapping is fine. How much?

Thanks

Bill

Bill, please email me using my email button or email to:

al at psych dot duhs dot duke dot edu

to discuss your needs.