• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

georgetown (DC) meeting?

M3M3

driving through georgetown tonight i stop at a light. glance to the left. hey! i know those cars parked in a row in front of the marketplace! fjord 02, opel gt, verona 02 with roof rack. you guys having a secret planning meeting for a drive somewhere? ;-)

i would have stopped, but had to get home. long day ahead saturday with scca meeting, picking up a euro e30 and bmwcca meeting.

marshall

2xM3

driving through georgetown tonight i stop at a light. glance to the left. hey! i know those cars parked in a row in front of the marketplace! fjord 02, opel gt, verona 02 with roof rack. you guys having a secret planning meeting for a drive somewhere? ;-)

i would have stopped, but had to get home. long day ahead saturday with scca meeting, picking up a euro e30 and bmwcca meeting.

marshall

If I had known, I would have been there, too!

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

So if you guys and others are game,lets put a little get together into motion.Just got back from from a dusty DC drive.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

It sounds like a "young gun" meeting.

My yellow car is still on jack stands, need one more bolt to get the new differential in. Can't get to MD Metrics until Tuesday. Plus they salted our roads yesterday for nothing.

I am up for a meet when the salt washes away

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Bill,

Common-down....you are always welcome.

jgm

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

marshall

YOU CAUGHT US!!! Lets see, the blue '02 was Dan Shor (Dutchie3719), the red '02 was Dudley (Dudonly), and the Opel GT was me. We were just taking a cruise around the city so that Dan could drive his car one last time before he went back to school today.

I'm in for a get-together / drive anywhere in the DC area.

J Swift
Global Formula Racing (Oregon State University)

1972 Opel GT "Mae"

Definitely a nice day for a drive here in the DC area - took Horst out for a little while to stretch his legs. Glad Dan got some time in his car... he must be going thru withdrawal up in college. (*pic below taken on last weekend's 50 degree day)

IMG_5062.jpg

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

Since "Celeste" is still out of commission, I took the VW out for some exercise about 11am. Put in some Shell 93 gas and went out for a drive along the FFX County Parkway. Too bad I don't have the heater cables hooked up! Got a couple of thumbs-up and stares from kids in the backseats of SUV's. On the way home, a FFX County Police car going the opposite direction at a light was giving my car the once-over. I thought he was going to U-turn and pull me over. No dice.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Uh oh, I've been spotted. We ended up going for a quick drive, which turned into a four hour affair and meeting. I'd done a bit of work on Charlotte, new wheels, and a set of "stealthed" driving lights behind the grille. She needed to be shown off. Sorry that I didn't get to see everyone this break, It was a spur of the moment drive.

As for the withdrawl. It's horrible, I may have to check into rehab (Formula SAE) and tool around in the shop. I miss the car, but fortunately, I have some very good friends that are helping keep her in tip top shape. My spring break is the 8th-12th of march, let's see if we can get everyone in the area to come on down. I promise I don't bite, but Charlotte does smell just a bit. (Damn oil smoke) Take care

-Dan

P.S. Charlotte's Riviera, there are times I wish she was Fjord though.

Daniel Shor

Bethesda, MD

'74 2002 "Charlotte"

Half as old as my first car and I wouldn't have it any other way.