• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paging Jack Fahuna: Your 74tii ad in Roundel July 1984

jgerock

One thing I like to do is browse thru the old For Sale ads in magazines. I have several from 1984 courtesy of another NCC member and was pleasantly surprised about this one from the July '84 magazine:

1974 2002tii. VIN 2781726. Light metallic blue w/dark blue interior. No w's or tears, rare factory power sunroof, lockable glovebox and turbo alloy wheels with Phoenix Stahlflexs. Engine very strong at 96K miles. Bilstein shocks all around, complete body restoration with new fenders and door skins; all work done in lead, no bondo. Complete exhaust system and new rotors and new drums and hydraulics in 1983, full set of five of 320 steel wheels with Semperit tires. Blaupunkt AM/FM stereo radio with complete Pioneer component dolly (dolby?) sound system with two amps. $ 8,300 with tuner; $ 7,500 without. No sightseers. Jack Fahuna. Days (414) xxx, Eves xxx after 10 o'clock.

Tel numbers omitted by me - even though they are probably way old.

I wonder who ended up with this car?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Well, that was pretty cool. I am always curious about the same kind of stuff. I have a bunch of Roundels from the 70's and 80's. A few years ago when I was between jobs, I decided that I would followup on the rarer 2002's (Alpina, factory turbos and the like) that were in the classifieds and track them down. It was my plan to write a book with the results. Got busy and never did it. Given my current work schedule, maybe I should give it a go. Anyway, thanks for the post. Fun to read.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

This has been a good day! An "old" car ad from 1984 finishes up with pictures of the car and same owner!

Hmm, should I try for another one from the same issue - the owner of a Fjord Blue 74tii was from DARIEN, CT. Wonder who that could be???

Jim Gerock

Jack Fahuna doesn't do much email or web stuff. He does answer the work phone at 818 285-2385. He knows more than just about anyone about 02s, and he's generous with his knowledge. Send some parts or repair business his way.

Curt Ingraham

1972 2002tii, 1976 2002

Improved 2002 Radiators

Thanks Curt -

Isn't his ad at the very bottom of the FAQ (JF Pro)?

That is correct. ProBimmer. But I think the ad rotates. You don't always get the same ad.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

Jim, you should have come to Cars & Coffee. Jack was there.

Cheers,

Ray

This has been a good day! An "old" car ad from 1984 finishes up with pictures of the car and same owner!

Hmm, should I try for another one from the same issue - the owner of a Fjord Blue 74tii was from DARIEN, CT. Wonder who that could be???

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Guest Anonymous

Boy ,forgott all about trying to sell the car ,purchased it in 1979 @24 years old ,survived 2 divorces and it is still here ,doing what it has been doing at streets and tracks to this day,@54

Keep them rolling not parking.

Jack Fahuna

Boy ,forgott all about trying to sell the car ,purchased it in 1979 @24 years old ,survived 2 divorces and it is still here ,doing what it has been doing at streets and tracks to this day,@54

Keep them rolling not parking.

Jack Fahuna

That is so great that you still own the car!

Jim Gerock