• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turbo Ricaro "Copies" ?!?! Whaaaaah?!?!?

eurotrash

Wish I could score a set of these Scheel fabric covered knock offs from a while back..

P10406311221710134.jpg

In the posting that I found this pic, he states that he had purchased the last 40 yards of Scheel fabric and had used it all up and that Scheel had no more available (nice work Blunt). This must be why he went to corduroy.

So now what am I to do for reupholstering my latest acquisition!? They look like shyte!! I'm thinking maybe black vinyl with perf centers.. like the e21 seats.

IMG_5500.jpg

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

The guy who sells the seats in your first post (Stefan) should have replica Scheel fabric and vinyl available for your seats.

I am waiting on a sample from a company who I sent a close up photo of the fabric to. The company contact came back with, "I have that fabric". We'll see if its the replica version shown below..

Scheelfabric.jpg

(O=o00o=O)

I have those seats in my 73 2002ti.I've had the seats for over a year,in my 72tii and now this car.Good quality product,good service,nice people making them.

They have increased their price a lot in the last year by the way.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

They are located in Austin and I've been meaning to go check them out. I'm hoping they have a massive display area with examples to sit in.

When I save enough pennies I'm going with these:

http://www.classiccarseats.com/lemans5202.php

Love 'em.

-Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

those don't look anything like the turbo seats but they do look really nice.

I really like their early recaro sport seats found in early 911s and optional in 2002s. Somebody posted pictures with scheel fabric.

That company also recreated the flip forward bracket for the fixed recaro & scheels. Nice!

Who made the turbo seats? Turbo bolsters are kind of squarish.

-Jaycen PNW2002

those don't look anything like the turbo seats but they do look really nice.

I really like their early recaro sport seats found in early 911s and optional in 2002s. Somebody posted pictures with scheel fabric.

splithair.jpg

...You know what I mean. Find the link to Samplemaven's post of the optional ricaros that came in his car and that is where I picked up the turbo reference.. ( Why am I explaining myself?)

(O=o00o=O)

Guest Anonymous

If memory serves, these folks are based out of Las Vegas. I think the principal's name is Stefan. The product is really quite high in quality. My take is that these seats represent a good value for money. I'd slam them into a car in a heartbeat.

I have those seats in my 73 2002ti.I've had the seats for over a year,in my 72tii and now this car.Good quality product,good service,nice people making them.

They have increased their price a lot in the last year by the way.

Jonathan

73 ti?? I thought ti's were only 68-71?

Nice seats by the way, and Stefan is very helpful.

Please do not take this as a bash against the vendor as the following is my personal view of a single set of seats.... (it may have been a bad day at the factory...)

I would advise anyone looking at these seats to directly compare their quality with Recaro, Koenig or other mid to high end racing seat manufacturer. I personally feel that they look great but the build quality on the set that I am very familiar with is inconsistent with the $$ The plastics still had some leftover edges from the molding process that caused damage to the nearby vinyl and piping before the problem was even noticed.

The quality of the welds on the seat components are most likely adequate in strength but were not very pretty to look at and paint/powder coating were not what I expected to see. I also had to retap the mounting holes on the bottom of the seat as they were full of paint.

I may be asking for too much for the cost but I will admit I'm pretty picky...

KC

...do you wash your underpants while wearing them in the shower ? (C.D. - 5/28/2009)

My father ordered a set for project Gustav as an early Christmas gift. Stefan is a great guy and fun to talk to. We're getting the Monte Carlo's in a special pattern design to match my current rear seats. We also added lumbar support. I'm due to get them in a few weeks. The Porsche guys had nothing but good things to say, and that is why I went to Stefan.

Squatch Pads

Lorena Texas

Guest Anonymous

@ kcdonahue

then you should quit going cheap and buy the more expensive seats if you want pretty welds, no paint on threaded areas, and super fine trimmed plastic..

you know if you don't buy the most expensive item you're just going to get some substandard product that you're just not gonna be happy with. quite frankly I don't see why you just didn't call them up and demand a refund and have them come pick them up and ship them back while providing a loaner seat in the mean time until you find a quality seat. especially when you gave them your hard earned money and they just didn't put their best effort forward for you.

Fabric sample came today from SMS Auto Fabrics in Oregon. 85 a yard!?!?

Against my dried up, thread bare "sample" that I ripped off of the seats I have, its a pretty good match! I only wish I had a small sample of new Scheel fabric to compare it against.. (ahem..) But I don't think you could get much closer. I found another at a local shop that I will post once I get a picture.

IMG_5618.jpg

IMG_5622.jpg

(O=o00o=O)