• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

October Car of the Month voting CLOSED.

robspeed

I have come to really love the contests lately due to the variety of cars that have been nominated not to mention winning!

Up this go-round are Bryan/Anchauer's '76 soon-to-be-a-tii/turbo (i think he's leaning towards tii):

Car is stick and stock except for Weber 32/36, electric fuel pump, Behr AC and imitation SEV Marchal headlites which actually look and work pretty well.

Everything works except for the a/c and now the heater blower ):P

Provenance completely unknown except it seems to have been well cared for most of it's life, had a kinda amateur Chamonix paintjob or touchup a few years ago. I bought it last summer from Trade Automotive in Newburgh NY from a 2002-head who runs the place and tracks a 320. He bought it at auction but didn't say where. The PO registration was Missouri I think,

Car has OK unibody except for rusty front floors and sketchy rockers both of which will be replaced this winter when it comes off the road for the tii cloning.

The car runs extremely well but smokes a bit which means the valves and pistons need a redo...

002_2__134.jpg

008_2__535.jpg

NEXT is Mike Wooldridge's nomination of another Brian (Spanel) and his Inka Tii:

Brian and his son have been regulars to the Northwest Arkansas Group and have participated in the "True Friends of Alex Von Falkenhausen" drive and the Mid-America 02 Fest for the last few years.

His tii has a rebuilt engine, new pistons, cam, bearings, rebuilt injector system, all bushings replaced, battery moved to trunk with strut brace, front strut brace, exhaust manifold ported, new brakes, Alpina steering box, nardi steering wheel, bumpers front and back shortend, european turn signal lights, orginal dash, new bilstines, electronic ignition, original inka color stripped and repainted in 07, 5 speed transmission, 3.70 limited slip rear end, fog lamps, original headliner, K&N air filter, new monte carlo seats from classicarseats.com, and an oversized radiator.

The WHITE alloy wheels really have to grow on you, but look nice with the fantastic inka paint. That's Brian on the left.

3923851439_23d2e5951f_b.jpg

3923856117_9b5bd9ae91_b.jpg

3924638608_1caa5cf40e_b.jpg

LAST is Dutchie3719's nomination of "Von Iffe," a 1971 D.D., and this time we have some videos in lieu of words:

id,37033

id,37031

id,37032

Original noms thread here with more pics:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,328534/

VOTE and enjoy. ;)

P.s. Voting ends on the 30th whenever the system says so (im just setting the poll for 11 days), so VOTE today! :)

Can't see the pics of the first two cars!

dammit,,, it (the board) has done this before... i tried using both html and bbcode and neither is working. if the pics show up twice for anyone, thats why...

EDIT: nevermind, i seem to have fixed it. somehow a bunch of extra code got into the links... weird.

p.s. sorry!! (especially to first two car owners/nominators ;))

Ha, Thank you very much. It is however not my car. All the credit for how this car looks goes to a Mr. Dudley Williams, a great guy, who helps keep my poor buggy (second in line in the photo's) running by showing me the ropes.

Daniel Shor

Bethesda, MD

'74 2002 "Charlotte"

Half as old as my first car and I wouldn't have it any other way.