• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpina header pics needed.

73colorado02

Hi all, i am thinking that the header i ended up with in a trade maybe an alpina or an alpina knock off, so i am looking for some pics and info about the alpina headers to see if i do infact have one.

73 colorado orange 2002 in restoration

owned for 30years

71 2002 gone to parts heaven

72 2002 Malaga Sisters

05 Mini S Moms

FAQ member # 31

I have no clue, but I sure am interested in one of those, since shipping would be ridiculous to get them here (I live in Montevideo, Uruguay), I'm planing on making a set from the pictures.

Someone from the forum should give you an estimate of what it could be worth...

Ok, Let her rip!

are you sure those last two photos are really alpina's???

i bought a set just like those from armond who bought them from another FAQ'er a while ago. they are very similar to the Supersprints with the exception of the straighter No.3 cylinder pipe. otherwise they are like the conventional Supersprints.

i honestly don't suspect them to be alpina's and quite frankly, they are no better in construction than the more curvy Supersprints.

i have a set of Ansa headers and they are noticeably more crude in construction/build quality.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

They may not be then, it's really hard to find real data on which are alpinas and which are not so you may be right, I know of the spaghetti alpina header but I can't find the picture now, I'm sure that some of the aplina experts here will clear this one out...

Ok, Let her rip!

The difference between the Alpina and SuperSprint -- if there is any difference -- is subtle, at best. I suspose if you held up a SuperSprint next to an Alpina you might detect slight differences. But you very well may not, as Alpina bought many items off the rack from other manufacturers and simply put there name on them (literally or figuratively). And I very much doubt anyone really can authoritatively tell you which is which. Maybe Hans, the retired Alpina wrench, could.

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '92 M5T (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

I think the tab acts like a lock when you put the next segment of the exhaust system, the parts are 4 to 2 then 2 to 1, the down pipe 2 to 1 should have a similar tab to pas a bolt through holding them in place...

I think I remember seeing that before...

Experts?

Ok, Let her rip!

Thanks that makes sense. So do u guys think that could be an alpina. I know people said they were white back in the day, and mine was white i can see. I know that doesn't mean much but was just thinking.

73 colorado orange 2002 in restoration

owned for 30years

71 2002 gone to parts heaven

72 2002 Malaga Sisters

05 Mini S Moms

FAQ member # 31

I owned that header before Armond. I think it's Supersprint, but honestly I don't think we will ever know as the designs are close. Its a nice piece either way.

Those are what I have and I was told by the PO that they are Alpina, but as you say, who really knows. They are fine headers, whatever they are...

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '92 M5T (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/